1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1982 Peavey T-20 Natural original,with HSC,PRICE DROP!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chrome Dome, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Price:
    $300
    Strings:
    Up for sale,is my T20,purchased in 1983,possibly 1982,after looking at the serial number? Peavey T20,all original,with original Hard shell case. Excellent condition,well taken care of,never gigged. Has one small ding,on back of neck,at the third fret. Tried to capture in the picture,where the thumb is showing. Always used at Church. Involved in another project bass guitar,so need funds to cover. When I got the bass,someone had painted the original pick guard black? So I stripped the paint off to get back to original color. The gloss of the pick guard now is dull,and I still have the original pick guard. I have a red tortoise,on there now,which will come with the bass. It has the original brown case. I have chrome control knobs,on there,but I have the original Peavey knobs,that will come with the bass. IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0238.JPG The foam they had in the case,has fallen out,but I replaced it with gray carpet. I also lined the cavities with copper shielding tape. Has a new set of Dean Markley Blue Steel,roundwounds,on there now. I have a set of flatwounds,if you prefer,I can change,before shipping? Any questions,or offers send a PM. I accept PayPaL,and ship only lower 48. Price includes shipping.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Adding some more pictures,and pointing out the ding on the back of the neck,at the third fret,on the IMG_0359.JPG IMG_0360.JPG IMG_0361.JPG IMG_0362.JPG T20. Only really noticeable ding,I could find.

3. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Not trying to be misleading,on the year of the T20. I know it was originally purchased by close friend of mine,1983 for graduation gift from his mother. I am the third owner of this T20. According to the serial number that you see in the picture,judge for yourself? I could check with Peavey to get the exact year?

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Temptation. Must control GAS reflex. :atoz:

Chrome Dome likes this.
  5. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Ditto!!

Chrome Dome likes this.
  6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    They are great basses. I have never had the fretted version, but I bought my T-20FL brand new in 1982. Just wonderful. Heavy, but really comfortable. The thumb rest built into the top of the pickup was genius!! The neck tilt adjustment on this bass is a fantastic under rated under used feature that I love.. GLWTS

dtsamples and Chrome Dome like this.
  7. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Any idea how much it weighs? Looks like a great bass.

Chrome Dome likes this.
  8. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Lot less than the Peavey T40. Bathroom scale,right at 8lbs,7ozs.

9. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    S0LD! pending payment.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Orange Caesar likes this.
  10. Auston Bus

Auston Bus

Jan 28, 2019
    Hey! :) where did you get that tortoise pick guard? whats the name of the pickup shape and what is the pick guard style name? Im trying to buy one for myself :)