For Sale 1982 Peavey T-45 Bass - burgundy - in almost NEW condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dave Greathouse, Nov 23, 2022 at 7:22 PM.

1. Dave Greathouse

Dave Greathouse Supporting Member

Wednesday
    Retired
    Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    United States
    I bought this T-45 back in 1982 from World Music in Simi Valley CA to ease my guilt about selling my 69' P Bass for practically nothing due to some financial difficulties. I ended up not using the Peavey much over the years and it never left my home.

It only has one small "ding" in the back that didn't break the surface (see back picture) and it's been in it's Peavey custom hard case the entire time. The case does have an "issue" with the metal wires not holding it open. For some reason the inserts pulled out so I removed them until it can be fixed.

If you're looking at this classified, you know all the details about the T-45 so I won't bore you with them here. I see there aren't many out there for sale let alone in really good shape.

Here's a good description I found about the knob controls.

Knob one is the volume control

The 2nd knob, when in 10 position gives you a single coil tone. Kind of like a 1957 P Bass with single coils. Roll the 2nd knob until it’s in the 7 position, you’ve got a big humbucker sound. While it’s not a true split humbucker like a Precision bass, it comes 95% close to it. When the knob is at 0, it’s basically an out of phase humbucker.

3rd knob is a normal tone control. It leans more towards the bright side especially with a pick,

I figure at 66 years old, about to retire and could use a few extra bucks, I'd probably let it go to someone who will put it to good use.

The following pictures are some I took yesterday, but will post more detailed close ups later this week after the holiday.

I also have the original strings it came with. Right now, it's strung with black KAMAN performers that are Kamflon coated. I had no idea what I was getting, but the sales guy said they sounded better that the stock strings it had on it. Very bright sounding from what I remember

It also has the original strings, a 4 inch wide black leather guitar strap and new Fender after market cord I never used.

I'm asking $1400 obo, which I know is a higher than the T-45's I've seen that have a lot of wear but this is almost like buying a new 41 year old bass. Make an offer if you are interested. Also, I did some checking and I can ship for about $125 - $150 which would be in addition to the purchase price. BTW, I live in Vancouver Washington. Across the Columbia River from Portland Oregon. It would be great if I could find a local buyer

Give me some input on what you think. I haven't sold on this site before and am not sure of the protocol on how this works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022 at 9:21 AM
    Neo1, SlowpokeJoe, Steve88 and 8 others like this.
  2. I think it's sexy.

mb94952 likes this.
  3. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Might be my computer,but when I click on the pictures,there is error message?

4. Dave Greathouse

Wednesday
    Retired
    I was rearranging the pictures. Try it now. SHould be better

Chrome Dome likes this.
  5. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Ok,it is okay now,Thanks!

Dave Greathouse likes this.
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very nice.

7. Jxff

Jxff Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2016
    South OC, CA
    Wow!

Dave Greathouse and mb94952 like this.
  8. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    A beast of a bass!

9. I’m really not in the market, but that is indeed cool. A few questions:

From the ‘front bottom half’ picture it almost looks like the face is contoured. Is that so or just some trick that the reflections are playing on my eye? One pickup, three knobs- how do the controls work? Split coil pickup blend of some kind? And because this is Talkbass, you can be sure someone will ask for the weight and nut width. It’s one of the rules here.

Nice bass, good luck with the sale, or as we say, GLWTS.

10. Dave Greathouse

Wednesday
    Retired
    I added a description of the knob functions that I found online. I've played it so little, it's best to let a true expert describe it. The top of the bass is contoured but the picture makes it look more extreme than it is. I'm taking better pictures tomorrow that will show more

11. cymbop

cymbop

Mar 1, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Super-cool.

12. ebo

ebo

Jul 15, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    That color! Bam!

13. NO ONE 420

NO ONE 420

Mar 25, 2020
    There's a Peavey group on FB where someone might grab that up . I'm looking for a B Quad or G Bass if I pick up a Peavey . Very Nice though .

14. Dave Greathouse

Wednesday
    Retired
    Thanks for the head ups about FB. I've been off there about 6 months after 13 years of the social media craziness. I might try your suggestion though.

15. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That is pretty much a mirror finish. What a time capsule!