1982 Steinberger L2 #0195

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by andysvec, Oct 11, 2005.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    ** SOLD **
    (thanks TB!)

I acquired this last year and immediately sent it to Peekamoose (the #1 place for steinberger work) for a complete overhaul/refurbish done (all documented). I spent about 1300 and had a complete fret job, upgraded to a matched set of EMG-HB:COB and EMG-HBCS:COB pickups, had the EMG BTC preamp system installed (Control lay out is: Volume/Pan/Stacked Tone controls Bass-Treble), they cleaned up bridge (down to the metal in spots, I was always going to research having it replated/painted but never did), just a ton of work that I can get into with you if you're interested. They also repaired the original wiring for the original pickups and they still work and are included. It's not a museum piece, but really a great player now. I also bought a new ritter bag last year and have some extra strings. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is I just can't get used to it, just not a steinberger guy I guess.

I'm open to trades of the same value, I like trading and would be interested to hear any trade offers first (4 or 5str). If no trades pan out I was thinking about 1700. I have lots of feedback here on talkbass with a bunch of great people so far.

I have a temp page up on my site, please contact me for any other questions you may have.

thanks - Andy

2. andysvec

Aug 15, 2004
  3. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander Supporting Member

e-mail sent.

4. andysvec

Aug 15, 2004
    had some interesting offers on this bass but none ended up going through, so it's still available.
  5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Sweet Steinie!