1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1983 American Standard Precision Bass real road worn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bone, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    I have owned this bass most of it's life, 3 cross countrys and 3 years 5 nights a week in Dance halls and Gin joints this bass bears the scars. The bass has worn flats almost all it's life the knobs were changed 10 years ago and the jack may have been changed out long ago. The bass also has the trussrod nut replaced in 1998/99. Trussrod turns smooth, neck is straight and action is stupid low this bass plays like budda. Everything else is original including the grey bottom pickups stamped 83. Too many dents and dings to list so look at the pics. Bass is structurally sound issues are cosmetic. D neck(1 7/8) with D profile and very little shoulder, nice wide spacing if that's what you like. 8lbs 8oz on my shipping scale. Sienna Burst kind of rare.

Original HSC, not the oringinal that came with it, that one is long gone. But the case is a P bass case from 1983 that is in good shape with handle,latches,hindges, and feet intact. No cracks or breaks but there is some wear inside.

Price reflects condition and I might change my mind this bass is like an old friend.

$550 shipped in the lower 48 states.

Attached Files:

2. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    and more

Attached Files:

4. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    few more

Attached Files:

5. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    pics pics

Attached Files:

6. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    last one

Attached Files:

7. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

May 18, 2011
    struthers, ohio
    trades?

8. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    Pm sent

9. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    SOLD Sorry no trades trying to thin em down some. To answer a question no smokey or other smells.
    4 tbers in line for this one .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.