1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1983 Bich 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mournblade, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    I am selling my newly acquired Bich 4. 1983 30.5" scale, Serial number 87785, structural shape = 10, paint = 8-8.5 (there are several chips and some slight buckle rash on the back, but it still has a nice luster and shine to it). All electronics work, no hiss, great tone. I am almost 100% sure that this guitar is all Koa with stringers. You can definitely see the outline of the stringers through the paint, and the there are two paint chips, one on the rear upper bout and one on the headstock that show the wood underneath. The guitar is too light to be all maple, so it is, IMO, all Koa. I am ONLY selling this because I made a deal for one of my Holy Grail guitars, and I promised the wife I would sell off a couple to fund it. Looking for $1800 shipped. Comes with beat up hardshell case, will be shipped USPS. Here are the pics:

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

this paint is about the size of my pinky nail.

2. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Forgot to mention for those unfamiliar with the Bich bass, most, including this one, were 30.5" scale

3. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Saturday Bump. Some pictures of it taken in better lighting. Shows how bright the blue is!

p6_us02uvdut_so.jpg

p4_ubjc11bzh_so.jpg

p3_uqmbelsxw_so.jpg

p1_u0yohaqs3_so.jpg

4. KwinS

KwinS

Oct 30, 2006
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    That is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had the cash, and had seen this one quicker. I could have just driven on over and picked it up. I live in Weatherford, and my band practices in Roanoke!
    Let me know if this deal falls through. I might have a trade offer, if you have need for a very nice electric guitar.
    Darn!!!

5. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Deal fell through, still available. Wasn't realy looking for trades but you never know.

6. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    That is a very impressive set of knobs and switches! :)

7. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Monday bump.

8. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Sold.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021