1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1983 Fender '62 RI P w/'65 neckplate

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drivenmore, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Hey all -

This here was an amazing find: a 1983 Fender '62 RI P bass either well-played, or well-relic'd, as the bridge and tuners are heavily patina'd and the pickguard screws are quite rusty. Plays and sounds great, though. It's sunburst with tortguard, has the bell covers, foam mute and OHSC(?-definitely old-ish and Fender, not sure if truly original). Sorry, no thumbrest. Whoever had this previously seems to have replaced the neck plate with an L-series plate dating to 1965, as far as I can tell. This truly is a helluva axe, but since it's come down to keeping either it, or the '72 P, well, the '72 wins hands down (primarily being that it's my wife's birth year ;) ).

Anywho, lots of pics at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/drivenmore

Looking for $1000, shipped and insured. Paypal welcome.

2. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    P. M. Sent

3. Okay gents, more info:

Looking at the neck, all info seems to have been removed from the neck itself (see pics); the body has "Jan 18 1983" clearly stamped.

Pot numbers are 019064, and xx8241 (couldn't see first two numbers).

4. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    P.M. Sent
    Thredded bridge saddles? thanks.

5. Yes, thredded bridge saddles.

6. Will also entertain trades...

Drop to $1,000 shipped/insured.

7. pm sent.

8. dlannom

dlannom

Jan 8, 2006
    hello, do you have the 62 RI still for sale? i`m very interested if you do. thanks! david

9. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    "Pics show the truss rod in pretty far, but it's got great action (I think) and can still adjust further. $800 shipped."

Not much further. When the truss rod is in that far, somethings wrong......... but hey! at least you're showing it to everybody.

You told me you weren't trading, and you have the 62RI listed in the first thread at 800.00 shipped.
    Now you have it relisted saying you will entertain trades, and you "dropped" it to 1000.00 shipped insured?? What's the deal? :eyebrow: LOL..

10. SirBass

SirBass

Jan 1, 2007
    Sweet home...
    this is an old thread.

11. Yman

Yman

Jul 12, 2006
    Nashville TN
    I did think that 800 was a NICE price for the instrument however =)

bump for a gorgeous pbass.

12. This particular thread is SO last year....:bag:

13. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Ooh keDoke! Ahumm......... I guess I better start payin attention.
    sorry brohiem.....:meh:

:bag: