1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1983 FENDER P-Bass (Elite II) 2 sets of p/u and preamps

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Selling my 1983 Fender Elite II Precision Bass. I am the original owner (yes, I'm an old guy!) and it was my work- horse as a full time pro bass player. (Used it on hundreds of jingles in the Chicago area)

Because it was my main bass for many years, it does have some "mojo", but nothing major. (Besides, "relic-ed" basses are the rage now). In the late 80's, I had EMG pickups installed and pro-luthier cut a black plastic plate to cover the P-Bass set closest to the bridge to fit the EMG jazz bass pickup without open spaces. The bass came with 2 sets of special design P-Bass pickups with active electronics. This was the TOP of the Fender line and possibly the first usage of active pick-ups.

You will get the original set of pick-ups, wiring harness, knobs, etc.. to convert it back to 100% original if you desire. You may NOT want to do that once you have heard the sound of this baby. P-J setup with EMG, high-mass bridge (new for Fender) and this bass has punch and sustain. It has been sitting in my music room/office for so many years and a shame that it is not getting used. I have been using 5 string basses almost exclusively since 1990 with touring shows.

Black with white pickguard and rosewood fingerboard. No issues with anything....plays and sounds great. I have no idea what ever happened to the original fender case that it came in, but it will pack and ship in a above average gig bag.

SO......A piece of history with a vintage 80's P-Bass, original electronics plus EMG P-J and electronics. GREAT playing and sounding bass. No issues with neck or frets, etc..

Here is a YOUTUBE demo of a similar bass and you can also search FENDER ELITE BASS and see a couple others. This is NOT me or my youtube clip, just a similar bass.
    youtube:

I am asking $875 delivered to your door via UPS ground. I have seen this bass listed for $3-4,000.00 on EBAY. I would prefer to keep it in the "family" (TB'ers)

elite07.

elite02.

elite01.

elite07.

elite05.

elite06.

elite04.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Very cool!~

3. Beautiful!

4. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    The one I had in the video was killer

5. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Banned

Jan 22, 2011
    Mass
    weight?

6. shrigg

shrigg Beta Tester for AudioKinesis Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Are those GHS Precision Flats I see?

7. What a line up of Basses!

8. Mousekillaz

Mousekillaz

Nov 25, 2009
    Anacortes Wa.
    I bought one of these back in 85 or 86. NOS I'd guess, Kennelly Keys had several to choose from. Best P-bass Ive ever played, before or since.

9. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Sorry for the delay in response.....I was computerless for a couple of days! The weight is a shade under 10 lbs....I would say 9.5 (bathroom scale).

10. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    The Elite's were the 2nd active basses from Fender; the Precision Special was the 1st, mostly in response to the Musicman Stingray.

I've had an Elite I & II, and these basses KICK @$$! Hmmm...

11. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks for the PM's that I have received from interested parties with trades, etc.. BUT, it is sold and on the way to NJ. YOU WILL LOVE THIS BASS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.