Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1983 Fender Pbass Elite1

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Funkster, May 10, 2005.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    1983 Fender Pbass Elite1, Active Pbass circuit. This bass Rocks. Tone up the butt. Arrow straight neck. Awesome frets.
    Black with maple board. This P has the nicest hardware Ive ever seen on a production Fender. Heavy duty tuning machines and the bridge has a ton of mass with fine tuners.
    The only reason I'm selling is it has a huge 60's contoured neck with a measurement of 1 & 3/4 at the nut. I'm a Jazz guy as most of you know.
    Over all in very good condition with some scratches and dings on the front and back. Shipped in NOHSC. $850.00 shipped.
    Open to offers and trades.
    Email for more pics.

2. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Bump, Price drop to $775.00 shipped

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    725.00 bucks shipped in your choice of non original hardcase or nice Fender gigbag.
    That's 125 bucks off my starting price. This bass is worth every penny and is soon to be a collector.

4. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Wait--don't do that (the 'bay) just yet. How is the neck huge--is it hugely wide across the fingerboard at the nut or is it extremely chunky "front to back"?

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi,
    From front to back it is very flat, Just Wide, It's not bad I played it last night and it's just a great bass. I'm getting very used to the neck size.

6. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    This is a great bass for 725 bucks shipped.. The only trades considered is another passive P or J, 57 or 62 MIA RI,

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I'm curious how the tone of this bass compares to a regular passive MIA P-bass. More clarity? More compressed? Brighter? Darker?

At this point, I can't spare funds to buy another bass (one is on order now). But I'm curious for future reference....

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi Dr, It's definitly a brighter tone alot more aggressive and in your face kinda grind.. It's a good sounding bass. Nice resonance.

Posiibly trade for a Lakland Jerry Scheff or Bob Glaub or Joe Osborn if someone offers..

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Price drop to 675.00 for a Killer Pbass..

10. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    What type of body wood is it?

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I believe it's Alder..

12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    A $675 this should be sold.

13. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I thought so to!

I'm just going to keep her now, 675 would have been a loss and I'm not into 100 dollar loss for a absolutely killer bass at this moment my GAS can wait. ;)

14. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    If this bass is half as good as I think it is, you'd probably be sorry you sold it.