1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1983 G&L L-2000 $700 -- breast cancer charity fundraiser.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Mar 29, 2009.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

All proceeds from the sale of this bass go to the Julie Ann Carpenter Memorial Fund. Julie (my wife) passed away in February from breast cancer at the age of 46. We've established a fund to help other women fight this terrible disease. Please see www.JulieAnnCarpenter.com for details.

I've sold a bunch of cool gear and raised a solid $4,000 for the Fund. This is next in line, and one I love a lot. And, it's my last L-2000. I will have no more after this. Oddly enough, it's also the first L-2000 I ever owned.

It's a 1983 edition, first of the eye-gouger headstocks. A bit worn in places, she's clearly got some dents and dings.

But the tone is KILLER.

The only L-2000 I ever played with better tone was a 1981 trans red/maple version I had for four or five years. It BARELY edged this one out in a A/B session.

That''s when I sold Blackie.

I had a chance to buy her back from TB's metron (who bought it from me a couple of years before) after this last Christmas. It arrived just as Julie was going in the hospital.

As much as I missed this bass, I'm clearing house out of love here, so I'm going to pass Blackie on to another home.

Metron gave her a nice fret dressing and cleaner her up good. She's not a flyweight (a little over 10 lbs) but the neck plays great (1 5/8" at the nut) and she's got tone and vibe for days. Comes with a HSC.

This is my very last L-2000, boys. I contemplated keeping this one, but alas, I want to put more cash into the fund....

$700 shipped in the Lower 48.

Click the small pix for bigger ones.

th_IMG_2731.
    th_IMG_2733.
    th_IMG_2734.
    th_IMG_2735.
    th_IMG_2736.
    th_IMG_2737.
    th_IMG_2738.
    th_IMG_2739.

2. vroc38

vroc38