SOLD 1983 G&L SB2 JJ FS/FT - Canada

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Stereo Joe, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRICE DROP - $550 US + shipping

Hey folks - I just recently got this bass in a trade from Chef. It sounds great and plays really well, but I realized I was looking for a more standard jazz bass tone rather than the beefier sound of the G&L pickups.

Specs:
    -1983 G&L SB2 body
    -1997 G&L L-2000 neck (USA) with 1 3/4" nut width
    -G&L MFD single coil 'J' type pickups
    -Volume and tone knobs with a 3-way pickup selector switch
    -Schaller tuners

The replacement neck fits the 3-bolt neck pocket perfectly and has none of the problems sometimes found with the early G&L necks.

Comes with a Warwick Rockbag .

Here is a picture borrowed from the original ad (which you can see here):
    fullfront-1.jpg

TRADES:
    -Electric Upright Bass (EUB)
    -P-bass

Thanks!!

Joe

2. Bump for price drop - $550 US + shipping.

3. Best deal on TB right now! It'd be mine, but I can't do anything bigger than 1 & 11/16" at the nut....

-GB

4. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    PM sent.....

5. See, I prefer the wider P-bass style necks, so this bass is right up my alley in terms of feel! It's got that nice wide, but shallow contour which I absolutely love. The only bass I've played that feels more comfortable than this G&L is my Tobias which has the wide nut and an asymmetrical neck.

I have a Fender jazz on its way to me that should cop the traditional jazz bass tone, but I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with the skinny neck!!

6. Replied!

7. Bump.

8. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    what? there are two of these here??? dang. how bout a shuttle 3.0 your way =)

9. Great amp, but I actually just traded one for my incoming jazz bass! I need something with at least 500 watts for my new Berg AE410...

Got a Shuttle 6.0?

10. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Yessir, used to be mine, and it's a really nice bass.
    Don't let the full size nut width put you off, the neck isn't very deep, and falls to hand nicely.

11. Thanks Alan! Yeah, even with the wider nut, this neck definitely does not feel 'chunky'. It plays very smooth and fast...

12. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    urgh. flipping temptations. why arent my pedals selling! i've just got a new l2000 in green burst, number 8 neck gun oil finish. this should be sweet next to it!

13. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    Saw this bass on another site :p Cool to see someone from Ottawa on here.

14. If you're as big of a gear whore as me, we'll eventually cross paths in a trade or sale here in town.... :smug:

15. Bump.

16. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I can't believe this is still here. The JJ sb-2s is a killer bass!

17. SOLD! This is headed to Texas...

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.