Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1983 Ibanez musician 924ds

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by puffer33, Jun 21, 2005.

1. puffer33

puffer33

Jun 21, 2005
    Hi all
    This is a first posting - so patience if I ask reopeated questions or step on toes.
    I have an Ibanez Musician 924ds(dark Stain) that I bought new and have owned for 22 years. I love the thing and despite having played and owned dozens of others, I can't seem to find anything else that feels as right. Came across this site and realized that I don't know much about the bass , especially where to buy any replacement parts, the knobs have taken a beating over the years. Anyone out there can give me some info/

Cheers all.

2. goff

goff Banned

Mar 12, 2007
    try andy at reproguitarparts.com grips.jpg

i bought some of the sure grip-1 bands he makes on the left. he has the knobs as well.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    If you Google Ibanez sure grip II or sure grip III Hoshino Parts dept will come up which is Ibanez. 7.00 apiece for the sure grip II's and 10.00 each for the sure grip III's. Just bought 2 of each, shipping was free and came to my house in 2 days.

4. goff

goff Banned

Mar 12, 2007
    amazing. they're back in the game. except i couldn't see any SG-1 knobs and bands. i've seen 924's with the SG-ll knobs for that matter.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014