Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1983 Ibanez Roadstar II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flywheel, Sep 15, 2003.

1. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    Do any of you TB'ers have a Roadstar II (pictured in the center of the attached pic)???

I was in search of another one of these a while back and found that they are pretty rare anymore. I read on a Harmony Central review that the body is made of Alder with a birdseye maple top.

If anyone out there owns one could you post a pic? Also, if you have specs on this bass I would appreciate info on this.

Thanks.

2. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I don't own one but have played one just like yours, Sweet Bass!
    I have been graced with another great vintage Ibanez,
    1982 Ibanez Musician, I got it from my Wife for my B-day and it is a killer bass!. It's even made it to the regular rotation.
    [​IMG]

3. Flywheel, this is the best place on the web for vintage Ibanez axes that I know about: http://www.noahjames.com/

Old Ibanez basses = :)

Mike

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great website Mike!!!
    Come on man show us a pic of your vintage Iby!!! I want to see it:bassist:

5. Henry, I'll try as soon as I can. I just found a photo CD with a picture of me holding my Ibanez Musician, Jack Casady, Yamaha 5 string and old fretless MIM Jazz. I'll talk to the computer guy and see what we can do. The last time I tried, the Kodak CD installed an entire program that was screwing up some of our other programs here.

And yes that Vintage Ibanez site is great.

Mike

6. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    Had one and sold it several months ago. It was in mint condition too.

7. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    Mazinger,

How much did you end up selling 'er for?

8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Here is my '79... This is the best bass I have ever owned, and it plays and sounds a lot better than many fenders of the same vintage...

Cheers

Alex

[​IMG]

9. flywheel

flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    Tecx,

Nice bass! I like the mods you've made too. I've never considered modding my Roadstar b/c the PUP's and bridge sound great but if I had your bass I probably would have modded exactly the same way. How do those Bartolini's sound...are they passive or active?

10. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    The barts sound great!.. They are the 8s modles, they are soooo deep. The bass is pasive because I use a lot of effects, and many of my effects don't react well to active electronics.

I bought the bass for $150:
    Barts - $100
    Badass - $60
    Schaller Straplocks - $10
    And I string it with DR lowriders...

She is one sweet machine (and not a lot of sow!), I have been thinking about adding a jazz pup in the bridge... Since there is really no colectors value for the bass - its a players bass...

cheers

Alex

ps. thanks for the kind words...

11. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    "Mazinger,

How much did you end up selling 'er for?"

I think it was around $200-$250US w/ the original hardcase.

The bass was in excellent shape too.