1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1983 Squier JV Series Fretless Jazz FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Stereo Joe, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GONE!!

I just got this a couple weeks ago and I thought I'd be using it more, but I find myself needing a 2nd fretted bass more than a fretless, so I'm offering it up for trade.

As far as I know, these JV Series basses were only made for a short while. They used American made parts that were assembled in Japan. They are held in high regard for quality and tone. More info here:
    http://www.21frets.com/

This particular jazz bass has been defretted (looks like a good job). It has a very even fingerboard, no notes 'buzzing out' or anything. The pickups have a great vintage growl and really give this bass a warm, 'mwah' that I love. It has some dings and dents here and there, but nothing major. These are cool reverse-turn tuners as well! There is a serial number of some sort scratched onto the back of the headstock and one of the volume knobs has a chunk missing from the bottom of it. Those are the only 2 'issues' with this bass. I will take more detailed pics tomorrow, especially if there are any particular requests, but for now, here's a couple:
    DSCF1259.
    DSCF1261.

I'll consider trades for any fretted 4 or 5 string with particular interest in Fender, Musicman, and Lakland. Cash added or subtracted as necessary....
    I will sell this outright as well. $650 + shipping.
    I reserve the right to change my mind about this trade if I find a good local luthier who can install frets for a reasonable price (anyone know someone?)

Thanks!

2. Here's some more pics:
    DSCF1268.
    DSCF1269.
    DSCF1270.
    DSCF1273.
    DSCF1271.
    DSCF1274.
    DSCF1275.
    DSCF1277.

3. Ok, I'm dropping this to $650 + shipping. Trades are still preferred!

4. Make me an offer - you might be surprised!

5. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    A bump for the dude who's thinking about buying my Stingray. Helping him sell helps me sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.