Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1983 Steinberger L2 (Brooklyn built)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by EvoMan, Apr 29, 2003.

1. I have one of the original Brooklyn Built L2s that I am interested in selling (made in early 1983). The serial number is in the mid 600s (I have to take the battery cover off again to remind myself – I think it is 646).

This bass is in great condition and includes the original snap-in leg rest. Like many L2s, the Steinberger logo on the front was a sticker and is no longer present. Otherwise the only flaw is a small chip on one of the corners (very minor). More details and pictures can be seen at:

http://web.utk.edu/~jwolf2/bass/

There are only a few pictures posted that page right now, but additional (and much better) ones will be added soon.

Currently I am still figuring out the value of the bass and am entertaining serious reasonable offers (including trades for high-end 4 string basses). I'll post a price later after I get a chance to work out a fair price.

Thanks.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You may want to put this on the YahooGroups "Steinberger World" forum - that's where the majority of the rabid Steinie fans hang out!

3. Thanks for the suggestion - I actually posted it over just before I posted it here.

4. Here is a better quality picture of the bass. Additional photos will be posted on the web page in the morning. Thanks for looking...

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Hey, Evo, can I interest you in a Pedulla?:D

Just kidding. Sort of.

I've done business with Evo. He's good people.

6. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Hey, Evo, I don't guess, by any chance, you're also an autoharp player? I know (sort of) an Evo. It's a long shot, but, Evo's not too common a name.

7. You could interest me in a Pedulla - if it's a 4 string Buzz! (my plan with that bass when I purchased it was to send it to Pedulla to have it converted into a Buzz). Thanks for the kind comments, it was nice doing business with you!

Also, I'm not an autoharp player. The Evo refers to evolution, not my name! My real job has me studying evolution.

By the way, I updated the page with the bass photos. I added a bunch of high res images of the bass. You can find the pictures at:

http://web.utk.edu/~jwolf2/bass/

Here are a couple of photos to enjoy!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Man, that's a true modern classic! I'm tempted...

9. Still available.

I would like to get $1500 for this bass. This is one of the finest complete L2's you will find for sale.

10. Now up on Ebay - TBers contact me if you are interested and don't want to use the auction.