1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1983 US Fender Precision, KILLER tone, black/maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

This is just a great axe. 1983 Fender Precision Bass in black with a maple neck. These were made in Fullerton, too, and have the exact same pickup that is in the wildy expensive "vintage 57 reissues" that go for $2500+.

This bass has a couple of dings and dents, nothing major. Everything is original except that a prior owner switched the guard from what was probably a white plastic one to a gold anodized aluminum one. Personally, I dig the look, a lot. The guy didn't put any extra screw holes in, but he did add the thumbrest, and that probably added a couple of screw holes (I don't think the original issue 1983s had a thumbrest....) but they'll be well-hidden by the pg if you decide to restore it.

Wide and flat neck, and a nice light weight, under 9 lbs. Comes with a somewhat battered OHSC.

$1100 shipped.

Click on the small pix for bigger ones.

th_IMG_3240.
    th_IMG_3237.
    th_IMG_3238.
    th_IMG_3239.
    th_IMG_3241.
    th_IMG_3242.
    th_IMG_3243.
    th_IMG_3244.
    th_IMG_3245.
    th_IMG_3246.
    th_IMG_3247.

2. dukeplaysbass

bump

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Do-you-accept-trade-offers? bump :D

4. dukeplaysbass

I do. But I can't play 5ers (wrist injury). And I'm not into coffee table basses or pointy axes. And I have enough cabs and amps to kill a man.

I'd be looking for US Fenders, Gibsons, Guilds, EB/MM, Laklands -- that sort of thing.

As for Fenders, I'm really looking for older stuff. Not interested in anything less than 20 years old in a Fender, except for a Roscoe Beck.

5. dukeplaysbass

bump

really need to sell this, and will take offers

6. isn't it supposed to have white pickup cover as well as white pickguard ? changed ?

7. dukeplaysbass

Yes, I think you're right. But the pups look right, the pot you can read looks like an 82, and the soldering looks original. Here's a few more pix.

th_IMG_3299.
    th_IMG_3297.
    th_IMG_3204.
    th_IMG_3206.
    th_IMG_3208.
    th_IMG_3205.

8. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Question - the 83 standards had white pickup covers. Were these pickups switched out to the 57 reissues?

Any interest in a trade for my jazz +? (see link below).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.