1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1984-1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special - sweet color, rediculous condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stu1965, Sep 29, 2010.

1. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    [​IMG]

all pics here - http://public.fotki.com/stu1965/1987-fender-jazz-ba/

In an effort to thin out my way too many guitars and basses (and clearly to fund my GAS), this one goes up to you guys before evil-bay Sunday night.

Serial Number E848641

This particular bass is in "as new" condition, meaning it is in the same condition as if you were to purchase this bass brand new from a music store in 1984-87. All original components which are untouched and in perfect working order. Jazz and Precision tones with a fast, narrow Jazz neck with a nice, compact Precision body. 7.25" fretboard radius, factory TBX circuit (boosts or cuts bass and treble, but is still passive). I don't know how I can describe it any better, it is as perfect as you'll ever see a bass, even a new one, but it's unbelievably 23 years old. Like it was in a time machine. Whoever owned this prior to me must have bought it new and stuck it in the closet. It is as if it was unplayed since 1987. No fret wear. The finish is the original blue-green color on the body and gloss black on the headstock and in remarkable glossy condition. The body and headstock show no scratches or dents that are visible to my eyes, there is only one 1.5mm dia micro-blemish in the finish on the back of the body. The bridge saddles show some slight flaking of the black finish. Even the control cover paper is still there from when it was new! The neck has no dings, dents, or scratches and the rosewood fretboard is perfect. the frets have been polished to perfection with #0000 steel wool (taping off the beautiful rosewood fretboard beforehand) and the fretboard has been dressed properly to ensure that the wood is moisturized as it should be. The action is great and it is very easy to play.

New Rotos 45-105 on it. I will be taking the straplocks off and putting original hardware back on.

Comes with a hard case, which is not original.

$700.00 FIRM....50 bucks for shipping, handling, and 2k worth of insurance. CONUS only. Paypal only. No trades please....

2. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    bump

3. wow looks great never saw one in that color before.

4. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    daily bump. cmon guys, she's a beaut!

5. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    bump

6. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    bump!mij?

7. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    Yes sir....Fuji-gen Plant

8. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    bump

9. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I've got 2 of these, a Black & a White one. Killer, Light, Rock Basses!

Mine are "Well Loved" Players, this one looks like Collectors Stock!

10. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Sweet!

11. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    bump

12. "1984-1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special - sweet color, rediculous condition!"

Actually, would that not be in greendiculous condition? :)

One of my favorite misspellings.

13. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    bump....pls dont make me ebay this!

14. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    been traveling for a few weeks, having paid attention to the stuff i need to get rid of. bump!

15. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    This is a great bass. My favorite color they came in, and a very rare color at that. I wish I could go for it, but I have no dough.

Good luck.

16. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
    Completely 'collectable'. and still for sale. make me an offer folks!

17. stu1965

stu1965

Aug 9, 2010
    Tampa, Fl
  18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021