1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1984-1987 MIJ P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdub0199, Apr 14, 2010.

1. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
  2. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    We have a thread going on now about the early Squier Japanese basses and the E series are really nice too. All these Japanese Fender and Squiers from this period are going up in price after folks just like me find out how great they are and equal if not better MIA fenders. The SQ i bought was $425.00 but i traded down to under $200 for it. I think that price is right but would try before i buy.

3. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Really nice bass. I love the color. With all the options I'd ask if he'd take $350.00

Speaking of Japanese Fenders I'd like to grab one of those Areodyne P basses. I find it hard to pay over
    $400 for a Pbass unless it's American made but, that's just me.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I was working in a music shop when these were on the market new... Decent basses, but not terribly well thought of at the time.

If you like it, buy it. But $425 seems a bit steep to me.

5. rmkesler

rmkesler

May 6, 2009
    Winder, GA
    I play one like it in silver and love it but I think the price is a little much. Seems that mine was only ~$300 new in 86. I still have the price tags at home in an album. I'll have to dig it out.

6. I would pay 400$ for a mint pj one of those the jazz special , thats just the p which looks pretty plain and are alot less desireable, 350$ tops.

7. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Cool... thanks guys, I'm gonna offer him $300.00 for it.... I have been wanting a decent p-bass for a while and i really dig the color...

8. I have an '86 MIJ P Bass. It's a nice instrument. Since this one has no case, I'd try to talk him down.

Try it--ideally on your own amp--and see if you like it.

Take into account an older instrument will have cosmetic issues at the very least and may require setup and repairs, fretwork, etc.

9. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan