1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1984 Fender Fullerton 62 RI AV Neck-$500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is from a fullerton Reissue P bass. Its a fantastic playing neck. Wide flat and nearly 30 years old. The frets show minor wear , nothing drastic. The fretboard is nice , dark and beautiful in color. The headstock has some light dings and finish checking , same with the back. The original tuners are intact along with the string tree.

The finish on the back of the neck was professionally removed. This gives it a great feel. No wood was removed, merely the finish. A good luthier could blend this area and refinish just the back of the neck leaving the original finish intact, it would be around $150 but I think it feels great as is and would leave it.

Complete fullerton AV basses go for $1500-$2000 and finding parts seperately are hard. Reliable fender on ebay sells new AV necks for $700 or more and there nothing like these old ones and are not worth as much. I have seen 1 fullerton neck sale on here for nearly $500 and it had a host of issues and I dont think it had the original tuners.This has a 1962 Penny recessed into the neck, I have no idea if fender did this but this is a '62 neck with a '62 penny, I am pretty sure this was done on purpose and it was done well, its just a cool oddity about a nice neck.

I am asking $500 Shipped CONUS, firm on this good luck finding one cheaper

IMG_1711_zpsf20192fc.

IMG_1712_zpsc20b9fa6.

IMG_1714_zpsecafef69.

IMG_1721_zpsfc2f5c7c.

IMG_1722_zps223e8ec5.

IMG_1724_zps1aa0963a.

IMG_1725_zps873b2387.

IMG_1738_zps0bbdd1d1.

IMG_1736_zpsd4a82628.

IMG_1735_zpsfebe6b1d.

fiesta_pbass_04.

That is a 1962 Penny

fiesta_pbass_03.

2. I've been watching your thread for the past several weeks, and wishing SOO bad that it was the '57 reissue Fullerton neck instead of the '62, as I have an '82 Fullerton '57 AVRI body that I've had a more recent mismatched American rosewood board neck on since I got it. I'd love the proper maple neck from the Fullerton era. Good luck with the sale. Too bad I don't have a body to give this neck a nice home! Cheers.

3. Ah to bad, I would love to find the proper 62 fullerton era body for this, but I havent had any luck.

4. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    You're right about the penny, that's cool :) GLWTS!

5. thanks jim:)

6. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Hey, this is the neck you got with the '65 P body, right? Did it fit tightly in the pocket? Because if so, someone should buy them both and put them back together. ;)

7. Yes sir, it was a very tight fit, could have passed for factory.

8. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'm fantasizing about this as we speak...

9. It was a beauty of a combo, if you want a pic of this neck and that body together as 1 bass let me know I can get you these pics:)

10. sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.