SOLD 1984 Fretless Wal Mk1 Birdseye Maple, Ebony, Gold Hardware

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BWorm, Jun 28, 2017.

1. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose. I am offering up my 1984 Wal bass. The bass is Fretless with an Ebony fret board. The fret board shows very minimal wear for a 33 year old bass. I absolutely love this bass mostly, because of the sustain. I honestly prefer the way this Fretless sounds over my mk3. The thick mk1 body shape plays a role in this I am sure. I also believe it has something to do with the larger headstock that has extra Ebony and maple in it. The headstock shape is similar to the early JG custom and Pro models that were made between 1978 and 1982. This one was obviously a special request a couple years later in 1984. Both the neck and the body are signed off by Ian Waller himself. The facings on the bass are an unbelievable Birdseye maple. The bass is also glossed and has gold tuners and hardware. All of which are current up charges on a current build. There are a few nicks in the gloss which can be seen in the pictures. The most notable one by the input jacks.
    Bass weighs 11 pounds which could also be a contributing factor to its desirable and surreal sound. The bass also comes with the original fiberglass Wal case in good condition with proper working latches.
    I will pay for shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States, through FedEx. Any questions please feel free to ask.
    Obviously, I am in dire need of a cash sale at the moment so no trade offers please. If I had money I would be keeping this bass.
    IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0513.JPG IMG_0516.JPG IMG_0403.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    nbsipics, bass08053, chris3cc and 5 others like this.
  2. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Wow! what a beaut.. this won't last long..

BWorm, DevinWard369 and 40Hz like this.
  3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

BWorm likes this.
  4. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    PM sent

5. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    I can’t believe I sold this bass.

6. nbsipics

Apr 8, 2016
    How many have you bought since then my friend? :)

I am keeping it pristine for you just in case. Not that it's in a case, I like playing it too much!

BWorm likes this.
  7. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    I figured you liked playing it... it has a special sound. I’ve just been going back and forth about getting another Fretless mk1.

8. nbsipics

Apr 8, 2016
    Good luck with your quest - and stay married!

BWorm likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021