SOLD 1984 Ibanez Roadstar II RB-999 'Bean Bass' Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by hooky_marr, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Price:
    $199
    1984 Ibanez Roadstar II RB-999 'Bean Bass' Neck, black glossy finish, maple with rosewood fingerboard.

34" scale, 1 5/8" nut width. Truss rod adjustment at body end. 21 Frets, frets are in decent condition with wear on first three. Neck appears straight.

Original Smooth Tune II tuners (one missing cap) and string tree.
    Compact headstock design.

Some finish chips / dents around the edges of the headstock, typical for an instrument of this age. As with most Bean Basses, there's a finish crack between the D and G tuners but the wood is fine.

This should fit any RB-999 or RB-888 Bean Bass without problems. It should also fit most, if not all 34” scale, 21-fret Roadstar II bodies if they have the rounded heel and a truss rod recess at the body end. It might fit some later models that had 22 frets via an overhang, but I can’t guarantee it.

While the shape is generically like a Fender Precision neck heel, the bolt-on pattern is longer and it may not fit a Fender body without shims or drilling new holes in the heel.

Asking $199 CAD, firm price (PayPal).

Shipping (to be calculated) to Canada via Canada Post, lower 48 states via FedEx, with insurance.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    I think this is the first time I’ve seen a Bean Bass neck for sale! Someone out there will be thrilled. Wish I had an appropriate Ibanez body on hand. GLWTS :thumbsup:

3. I also wish you had an appropriate Ibanez body :) Thanks!

Normally I would hang on to it but I’m doing a massive decluttering of studio bits and computer accessories.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021