1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1984 Rickenbacker Bass MapleGlow/ modified with Bartolini pups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alex Bass, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Alex Bass

Alex Bass Roy Batty Dreams

Apr 3, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    So I purchased this bass on a whim because I never tried a Ric before and its just not my cup of tea. The Barts and width on the nut made me realize why I love my 75 Jazz so much. So I'll list all the important stuff 1st (all modifications were made before I purchased the bass so I'll list them how they were told to me)

1. Truss rod cover is from another bass (Says Ric 360) not sure if its from another bass or guitar TB family help me out on this one (like i said I'm more of a Fender guy so please forgive me)
    2. Bartolini pups installed (at one point this bass had active pups and the body was routed to fit a battery compartment (shown in pictures) a bigger control plate will cover it up I'm sure
    3. Im assuming the pots are different because the stereo and mono is gone only one input jack with the barts (I took a pic of the pots)
    4. Two additional strap holes were added for what ever reason.

Now about the bass in general From the jack plate Its a December 1984 bass also has a inscription in the control cavity of the date. It weighs about 10lbs I'd say, has a STUNNING birds eye maple on the neck body and headstock (pics included). Has the og Ric bridge I installed the Hipshot (will include both or one if you want). Pickups work fine neck is straight VERY low action. While I'm on the subject this bass has a weird truss rod system two at the top and two at the heel cant for the life of me figure out why but I didnt mess with it since the action was super low with no fret buzz when I got it. Over all the bass is in great working condition other than the cosmetic issues its a great working bass to restore or just play which ever you prefer also this bass was PLAYED because a'la Jack Bruce it has a worn in thumb rest where a thumb rest SHOULD be, but with Rics you just place your finger where ever you can find room. No bridge pup cover but It has the OG case nice blue lined case in good condition. Asking for $1k fully shipped to lower 48 states local pickup is available to try it out if you live in Philly. Please send all questions I'll try to answer them as best as I can. Sorry for writing a book I just want to make sure I leave nothing out in reference to the condition of the bass. Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    uusak and 59jazz like this.
  2. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    PM

byoung93888 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021