1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1984 Steinberger L-2/5, perfect condition, 5-string, owned by Larry Kline!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ahooton, Jul 4, 2014.

1. ahooton

ahooton

Nov 8, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    Currently listed on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231273083808, starting price $5,000, BuyItNow $6,500

I have the Steinberger L-2/5 5-string bass that was personally ordered by Larry Klein in 1984 and delivered directly to him, complete with the original boomerang strap extender, original peg-style legrest, and original soft gig bag. I also have the strap that Larry purchased at that time and used when he played the instrument in those days. In addition, I have a signed letter of authenticity from Larry, a current-day Steinberger factory hardcase to protect the instrument, and an original product sales piece from that period. Larry played the instrument several times after he first purchased it, then stored it in an environmentally-controlled storage location where it remained until I purchased it a number of years ago. I am the first person to own it since Larry, having purchased it from him. Note the letter of authenticity signed by Larry, which is included in the sale.

The time has come to sell this perfect example of an original Steinberger. It plays wonderfully and is in literally perfect condition with no blemishes. This is one of very rare narrow neck versions -- the normal width 5-string instruments that make up the vast majority of 5-strings that were sold did not appear until a year later when the XL-2/5 was introduced. The narrow neck width makes this instrument lightening-fast to play, and you can hit chords on this instrument that are not possible on most 5-strings unless you have crazy long fingers!

I have played this instrument out just a few times in the years I've owned it, and there is always a crowd that gathers to check it out. Even Steinberger enthusiasts go crazy over it.

Let me know if you guys have questions -- I'd *really* like to see it go to one of the serious players/collectors here on TalkBass!
    20140614_175701.