SOLD 1984 Tokai Jazz Bass (Fretless / Left handed)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NordicBard, Feb 28, 2020.

1. NordicBard

NordicBard

Nov 11, 2019
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Left-Handed?:
    • Yes
    Time to thin out the herd and with heavy heart I am listing my amazing 3 tone sunburst Tokai Jazz Bass from 1984 (Going by headstock shape and decal).

Build quality on these Tokai instruments from this era is known to all - impeccable.

Was defretted by one of Europe┬┤s best bass luthiers, Rikkers - Fret lines are thin stips of maple and the neck was then coated with 30 (!) thin layers of epoxy for an everlasting surface worthy of even Jaco.

Fitted with a Leo Quan Bad Ass II bridge and Dimarzio Model J (DP123) pickups - Controls is a new harness made by Artys Custom Guitars (Model:
    J-BASS SERIES/PARALLEL SOLDERLESS VINTAGE PREWIRED) - This JB is ready to rock your world.

Recently setup - Neck is straight as an arrow and trussrod turns. Have a new set of GHS Balanced Nickels installed. Action is LOW. Weight is at a lovely 8.2Lbs.

Missing stuff:

• Scratchplate - Never bothered to put one on.

• Knobs for controls - The new harness are using standard CTS sized knobs, meaning the old domed chomes did not fit - Never got around to get new knobs, which are avavible from 99.9% of all online instrument retailers.

Scratches and dents:

• No dents or anything - Though comes with the "wear" one would expect after 36 years of service.

• Have always been strung up with round wounds, this have left almost invisible wear marks on the epoxy (You have to angle the fretboard against the light to see them. This can be buffed out with some scotchbrite, but since this bass have led an active and busy stagelife, I never saw the point - 30 layers of Epoxy will last you 200 years anyway with daily use, and you will never notice / feel it).

Price reflects these things - Will not be lowered. No trading!

Located in Europe (Within the EU).
    Shipping worldwide:
    Europe: 50USD
    US: 100USD
    Rest: PM me and I will find out.

Pictures:

tFhsjR4.jpg

0n08MWC.jpg

YEQkoYu.jpg

RMVoUU4.jpg

yWfx3zZ.jpg

McHXPo4.jpg