1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1985 G&L Lynx - what is this?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by dataBASS5, Apr 6, 2009.

1. dataBASS5

dataBASS5

Nov 8, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Greetings, G&L lovers! I MEAN YOU NO HARM! (except maybe to rid you of any excess gear you have laying around or convert you to a Roscoe-centered mentality) Some of you WILL NOT survive! But it's nothing personal, just business! :D

I came from your tribe about 12 years ago, before I knew about the goodness of talkbass. Recently a gui**** friend of mine happened upon a G&L Lynx w/ OHSC. He doesn't play bass and may be looking to sell it, but first we have two questions. :confused:

1) What the heck are we looking at? I thought SB 2 was the G&L jazz bass?

2) How much do you think it is worth? Is this vintage instrument in demand?

[​IMG]

I know some of you guys are all-knowing and demonstrate profound knowledge about Leo's final creations. Please help!

:help::help::help:

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    The Lynx is identical to the first gen SB-2 electronically, just with body contours added.

Jim

3. I think I would consider that bass more "of interest to G&L fans" that "in demand".

Mike

4. sailri

sailri

Nov 16, 2007
    Rhode Island
    So it's a funny-named follow on to the original SB-2, but with the contour on the top edge.

Pricing on the 1st Gen SB-2's are anywhere from $250 to $650 or so. A few mintier ones can reach over $650, with most over $500.

Bill

5. I just let a red one go for $425 back in September. It was in pretty good but not pristine condition. A nice bass, but I just like the feel of my l2000e better. I always had flats on mine, maybe I would have liked it better with roundwounds.