1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1985 Ibanez Musician

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iamlowsound, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale here is my 1985 Ibanez Musician. The bass isn't in fantastic shape, but nothing too major. Has several dings in the paint through to the wood. Looks like the headstock has been hit off of cymbals in the past, might have been dropped a few times as there are dings near the bottom strap button and input jack. This bass must have been a daily player and gigger in a past life. Now I have come to expect such from a 23 year old bass. It still plays amazing and there is nothing that effects playability, it just doesn't look perfect. Unfortunately I can not take pictures of the damage because my laptop harddrive crashed and I am posting this from a PC that isn't compatible with my camera.

This is a great playing and sounding bass. The action is so low that you could breath on it to fret it, yet there is next to nothing as far as fretbuzz goes and if there is any I cannot hear it through my amp. The slap tone of this thing is very stingray like, but with a little more more mid. It is also great for tapping.

I am looking for $450 plus shipping. Trades have to be very interesting for me to consider, maybe a 55-01 or 55-02 skyline. A trade for a poweramp with a minimum of 300w @ 4 ohms would be fantastic. I cannot add any money too a trade, so keep that in mind.

HPIM0072.
    HPIM0074.
    HPIM0075.
    HPIM0076.

These are all the pictures that I have and I don't think that I can take more. I might be able to borrow a camera and take some specifics if need be, but that would have to be for those that are super interested in it.

lowsound

2. I forgot to mention that this will ship in a gig bag and will be well packed.

lowsound

3. OH MAN!!!!!! GAS! GAS! GAS!!!!! Must resist!!!

4. Buy it, I need to pay some bills :bag: Plays and sounds like a stingray for $450? Can't go wrong.

lowsound

5. An awesome bass for the $$$ :bassist:

6. Bump. Someone buy this, I need to pay bills.

Justin

7. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Man if I wasn't thinning the herd I would!

8. awesome bass - I'm counting shekels to see if I can swing it.

I'll pm soon.

DR

9. On to the first page again.

lowsound

10. Bump it up. I can't believe no one is jumping on this bass at this price. Don't be scared by the damage I listed, it still plays and looks amazing.

lowsound

11. palm grease

palm grease

Dec 10, 2007
    NYC
    i owned the 3band verson of this....it had a passive switch too... this bass is a huge funk monster! im a die hard 5 player and so it had to go.... but for the buck, this is a gem!

killer bass! huge sound! mad crazy tones! great buy!

12. My five string is one of the reasons that I am selling this.

lowsound

13. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    Pics of the damage?

14. These basses should sell for over $1k. I love my '83 Musician. Amazing basses and arguably the best buy in vintage instruments.

15. Sorry, I am unable to upload photos of the damage. My Hard Drive crashed so I can't get pictures onto my computer. I am posting this with my Ipod touch. If you look at the picture of the headstock carefully, you will see a ding through the paint to the left of the G string tuner. All the marks are about that size, there is one where the neck meets the upper horn, four or five along the forearm cut (only one is through the paint) and three or so near the input jack. Nothing major and nothing that effects playability in anyway. Just cosmetic damage that should be expected from a 23 year old bass.

I will ask my sister when I see her tonight if I can use her camera and computer to take pictures of the damage.

Justinbass (like the name), I have seen several go on ebay for $1000 or more. The musician guitars usually start about that price.

lowsound

16. !

I'd be all over this if I weren't so poor at the moment. That is the first bass I ever owned, though I still have mine (Same year and base color too). Somebody buy this, it's a great great deal.

I think it'd be great if Ibanez did a reissue of the Musician.

P.S.- Whats the Serial number on yours?

17. Serial number on this is L850335, which means that it was rolled out of the factory in December of 85. Remember people, this is a made in Japan bass when CIJ was at its peak. Totally amazing craftsmanship. Lots of fret left as well. I will also consider trades for a power amp with a minimum of 300 @ 4 ohms.

lowsound

18. Very nice. My serial is J850856, which I think puts it at October of 85, making it exactly 2 years older than me.

Folks, the man speaks the truth. These are very well crafted and amongst the best playing basses I've ever encountered. Mine has been my main player for 6 years now.

I'd trade you my power amp, but I need it and I think 3000 watts is a little much for what you're looking for, also considering trade value.

19. genderblind

genderblind

Oct 21, 2004
    Montreal
    PM for one of the great basses.

20. Bump, lots of interest but nothing solid so far.

lowsound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.