1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1985 Yamaha BB300 F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wyleeboxer, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Ok, here it goes... :crying:

This is a mint mid 80's Yamaha BB300 bass made in taiwan (but dont let the country fool you) it started out as a project bass b/c the build quality in regards to the neck, ash body and overall condition was excellent, these are very solid basses and a great foundation to build from! So I decided to hot rod it with over $450 in upgrades. which include:

Schaller black/tuners
    Hipshot-Xtender
    Seymour Duncan Quater Pound P-bass p/u
    Badass II bridge
    CTS pots and upgraded quality jack input (the OE stuff was not the best)
    Professional fret dress and set-up (which really gives this bass low even action with no buzz)

Asking $400 plus shipping, I know you can find these basses for less then 200 bucks on the bay, but this was not only done up the right way, but it blows the doors off the new BB series and MIM fenders or even some MIA fender P basses. And it sounds just as "BAD" as it looks! Ive just made the move to 5 string in the past year and this bass just sits in the closet, so I need to let it go...

The avatar cab is for sale in amp/cab forum

Attached Files:

2. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Sorry for the quick pics, camara was dying... I can email better pics if your interested?

3. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    first bump b/c Im still not sure if I want to sell?? ;) I know the price is a bit high but this is a sick bass with a lot of high end parts and built just right, make me some offers TB'ers...

4. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Ok, I pulled this off the F/S forum to start playing it again but unfortunetly its still a 4 string and I need to play my 5 stringers for most of my projects.... so its been sitting back in the closet and I need the money. :(

5. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    Aside from the Hipshot and Badass, this is my exact same bass. This is a great bass. I have gone into the studio with this bass and Fenders and higher end stuff and the Yamaha is what engineers want me to use over and over again. You want to cut through the mix and shake the floor, you will not find a better bass than this.

6. That was my very first bass... Bought it new back in the 80's. Wish I still had it

If I wasn't poor, I'd consider this, for sentimental reasons. Alas, I'm currently a poor bastid!!!

7. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    All pm's replied...

Thanks for the complements guys, this bass is seriously built like a tank! Make me some more offers.

8. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    bumppppp....

9. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    PM's replied too, not really thinking trades at the moment, but give me a try anyway you never know?

10. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Bump for price change $350 obo!

11. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    PM's replied too... getting close gents.

12. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Looking for a 5 string bass, want to put this one up for a trade? Thought I had it sold and buyer never showed.... let me know if any of ya'll are interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.