SOLD 1986 Aria Pro II "The Cat" Bass-Candy Red w/ Upgrades! Nice Bass in VG shape!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ricksvintage, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Commercial User

Price:
    Strings:
    1986 Aria Pro II "The Cat" Bass-Candy Apple Red w/ Upgrades! Nice Medium Light weight Bass in VG shape.

Reduced to $250 shipped East coast and $275 West coast !!!

Made by Matsumoko Japan.

Aria/Aria Pro II Basses

I replaced the 3 way switch and instead changed it to Vol/Vol/Tone with CTS pots and a new Jack and it really opened up the tone. New 45-100 EBs and a Pro setup.
    Frets are near perfect, finish is pretty darn good with some minor stuff as you would expect from a 32 year old instrument ( see Hi res pics). Neck width is Jazz Bass 1.5 inches, slim and fast.
    This cool little bass does a respectable job of copping both P-Bass and Jazz Bass tones and would certainly be able to cover many basses in one night:D
    Will ship in a gig bag via Fedex for $39 on the East coast, $59 on the West, or Free Local pickup(St Pete/Tampa area or will bring to Orlando on Feb 2nd) and get a discount for Cash :hyper:
    Feel free to call me if you have any questions or ideas, thanks!

AriaProII Cat (1).jpg AriaProII Cat (2).jpg AriaProII Cat (3).jpg AriaProII Cat (4).jpg AriaProII Cat (5).jpg AriaProII Cat (1).jpg AriaProII Cat (2).jpg AriaProII Cat (3).jpg AriaProII Cat (4).jpg AriaProII Cat (5).jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Mbass718 and jlandolfi1979 like this.
  2. ricksvintage

Sorry about the double pics, don't know how that happened and I can't seem to edit them out:help:

3. ricksvintage

Reduced to $250 shipped East coast and $275 West coast !!!

4. ricksvintage

Reduced to $250 shipped East coast and $275 West coast !!!:hyper:

5. I talked to my cat about this but he prefers Elektras.

6. ricksvintage

The Cat has 9 lives and always lands on his feet :D

I like Electras as well :) But this cat is cool...

bassguyky48 likes this.
  7. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    I love aria pro 2's!! Great basses. I remember seeing Steve bailey at the aria pro 2 booth demonstrating at Nashville many many times!!
    How low does the action go?

8. ricksvintage

The action is nice and low, lots of adjustment on the bridge, and the truss rod functions as it should.Great playing and sounding Japanese bass for little $$$. Light, and really cops good P and Jazz tones, The Cat is where it's At :laugh:

bassguyky48 likes this.
  9. Definitely a cool bass and the price is right.

10. Can I call dibs? I wanna call dibs. Dibs!

11. Mbass718

Mbass718

May 14, 2017
    Can you please tell me how much it weighs

12. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    A buddy of mine in high school had one of these. He never learned to play it, and it gradually evolved into a worsening state of disrepair until he sold it for something like $60 for beer money.

13. I keep coming back to look at this bass and each time I want it a little more. There's a youtube vid with a guy playing one of these. That convinced me I do want this axe.

14. I'll take it, payment sent. Thank you.

15. ricksvintage

SOLD!!! Thanks Cass :hyper:

16. The dog wants a cat to play with.