Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1986 G&L SB-1 all original 600 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pgurns, Dec 22, 2005.

1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Thanks to all who inquired but this has been sold. Thanks AL

I have a 1986 G&L SB-1 in sunburst finish for sale. I have the original hard shell case, keys for the case, the sales flyer from when it was bought new in '86 and the warranty card which has never been filled out. The bass is in perect playing condition with a few small cosmetic nicks. There is a spot in the back where the finish "popped" off the wood for lack of a better description. This is shown clearly in the pics. There is also a dark "spot" on the fretboard between the nut and first fret that looks like someone may have had a sticker there and tried to remove it. There is a scratch in the same area. thought it may be a hairline crack when I first got it but it has held tune and worked perfect so I doubt it is.

All in all it is a real nice looking bass in better condition than most I see from this era plus it has the case and stuff. I went a little overboard buying basses in the last few months and something has to go. I want to keep the ASAT and the JB-2 so this has to go. Looking to get 550 shipped. I'll split the PayPal fees. No trades at this time please.

2. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    More pics

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I can't get a good picture of the scratch/crack or whatever on the first fret. It is so small and has made no difference in the way the bass plays as far as I can tell but for the sake of disclosure I am trying to show it the best I can. Also forgot to mention that I have a set (brand new) of Rotosound flats on it right now. I can try and email some higher res versions of all the pics too if anyone want them just PM me.

4. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    I have wanted this exact bass for a while. Are the knobs vol/vol with no tone control?

5. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    Ooops, stupid question. PM sent.

6. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    replied

7. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    pm sent

8. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I got your PM and I'll take the pics of the neck and send them to you. I assume you a shot of the length of the neck from headstock to the body to see how straight the neck is right?

9. thanks paul. great guy to deal with. :)