1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1986 G&L SB-1: jazz neck, Hinesley pickup, more

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by oceansize, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceansize

oceansize

Feb 20, 2004
    Seattle
    [​IMG]

Up for sale is my 1986 G&L SB-1. I bought this from a TBer about a year ago, and have loved playing it. Grad school started last year, and unfortunately I've been playing a lot less and narrowing my collection. This is the 2nd-to-last instrument to go.

Here are the specs on this unique G&L. The previous owner sent the instrument to Hambone Customs, who put in a yin-yang inlay on the neck, reshaped the neck profile to a jazz neck, and refinished it with a satin finish. They also put a brass nut on it, redressed the frets, put on a tort guard, shielded the control cavity, and installed a Stan Hinesley handwound 'p' pickup. It also has matching tort control knobs and straplocks. I have all the stock pieces for it, which are included in the sale. It comes with the OHSC.

The headstock and neck have no dings, and the body is in remarkably good shape for its age. It does have a 1" round piece of paint missing from the back of the bass (see pictures), and a few small dings on the back. The bass is very clean and set up nicely with a set of TI Flats.

It plays and sounds great!

$600 shipped to CONUS. Contact me to figure out shipping cost elsewhere.

Joel

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    lovely!!!

3. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Damn, that sounds like the ultimate P. Good luck!

4. oceansize

oceansize

Feb 20, 2004
    Seattle
    b
    u
    m
    p

5. Sweet deal!

6. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006