SOLD 1986 Jaydee Mark King Supernatural Series II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mik Walker, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Mik Walker

Mik Walker Supporting Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Chock-full of mojo and on the block once again is this lovely old Jaydee, from England and the mid-eighties, both at the same time.

I bought this from Jaymi here on TB just about a year ago fully intending to get back into playing a 4. A year has passed and apart from some setup work and a little sweetening of the neck profile I am sad to say I've barely played her. I've got another project I need to fund so, sadly, it's time to part ways.

You don't see many fretless Jaydees around so it's nice that this one has a couple of deluxe appointments, the binding, tiny fretlines and dual sidemarkers (fretted and fretless positions - whichever works best for you - if you need them). Very pretty bass too!

This bass has definitely been played. There are numerous little dings and pock-marks here and there but only one ding in the top bout where the finish has gone through. The bass looks very sweet but I don't want any surprises for the lucky person who snaps this up. That said the neck is in great shape, just one very small bubble/flake in the finish surface behind the first fret position - can barely feel it. I've done my best to show any flaws in the pics. Tuners are in very clean condition, there's some tarnishing on the tailpieces and bridge, pickup selector plate and master vol and tone knobs. Oh, I cleaned off that tape residue from the battery cover. Not sure what that was all about but it's gone now.

• Set neck
    • 34" scale
    • Fretless
    • Neck binding
    • Headstock binding
    Preamp is presumed to be original and features 3-band active eq which can be bypassed, plus master volume and master tone. The 3-band eq is very powerful - so much so that dime-ing the mid and treble controls will actually set off self-oscillation on occasion. That said, the amount of high-end gain with the controls in such a position is insane. Even backing off a touch from there is sharp enough to shave with and decimate passing birdlife at 50 yards. Used with sense and a little caution, in conjunction with the 3-position pickup selector there's a huge array of tones available.

Sweet bass, interesting bass. Comes with what looks like a new Protec gigbag.

Price includes insured shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks for looking.

Mik

IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2721.JPG IMG_2723 - Copy.JPG IMG_2728 - Copy.JPG IMG_2729 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2730.JPG IMG_2733.JPG IMG_2734.JPG IMG_2743.JPG IMG_2747.JPG
    IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2736.JPG

2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hot.

3. blacktocomm

blacktocomm Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2013
    West By God
    drool