1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1986 Pearl White Charvel 3B with worn OHSC Cheap.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scootbass1, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Okay, have the wife's permission to sell this one now. We have here a vintage neck-through creamy pearl white Charvel 3B bass. Yes, the 80's poor mans Hair Metal Jackson bass. These basses are actually very fine Japanese made basses. Sporting a set of EMG P/J pickups from that era. The Jackson JE2000 preamp wired at 18volts, aka: LOUD! She is in very good shape for her vintage. Good frets, truss rod works and comes with the odd sized 7mm ajusting tool. Usual wear at the pointy bit of the headstock. I had to glue the nut back on recently, it came loose while it was stored in the case in my gear room. The finish on these is so thick I believe it makes up at least one pound of it's weight. The tweed case is worn but does it's job still. Since I now play Spector basses exclusively this one is not getting played at all, so time to send her to someone who will put the girl to use. Asking $300.00 firm shipped CONUS only. Paypal preferred. PM if interested.

IMG_0263.

IMG_0265.

IMG_0267.

The original truss rod cover has been put back on.

IMG_0272.

IMG_0270.

IMG_0282.

IMG_0284.

Peace all,
    Mike

2. ritchierich

ritchierich

Aug 22, 2012
    Pm'd

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    oh man, 300? I just bought a mixer or it would have already been sold yesterday.....

4. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Hey there bro. Been busy with my job all this week and haven't had time to do anything but sleep, work and squeeze eating in there somewhere. This one will probably still be available when you have the funds.
    Peace,
    Mike B. :D

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I love aged white. I stll have a model2 a model4 and a custom unit I painted close to the pearl white finish. A few years ago I sold off all my 3b's except for my rainbow crackle, since I never saw another one, but yes I would love to have a white 3b to add. Like anything else, I'f someone snags it they do, and good for you since your selling it.
    If it is still around a couple weeks from now, it might be mine if it is still for sale.

thanks,

Mike P.

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    a bump for a great bass.
    how can anyone pass up a clean neckthru unit for 300 with a case?

If you want to hear what it can potentially sound like on your recordings, here's a scratch track I did for a friends band on my identical 3b tuned with the 45-105strings to C#F#BE.

http://snd.sc/uwFEx4

recorded: bass>blue boss compressor pedal>computer.

7. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
    wow im interested what kind of tone does it have?

8. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois

Dang Mike, nice and heavy bass tone there. The singer reminds me of John Bush somewhat. Thanks for posting the audio. :bassist::D

9. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Pm sent your way sir. :cool:

10. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    [DEL]Decided to keep this one. Closing thread.[/DEL]
    Scratch that folks, Spent some money I really didn't need to and now have to sell this bass to recoup some of the money.

11. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Calling Amimbari, hey Mike thread is reopened. Need to recoup some money I shouldn't have spent. S.A.S. is a bear to keep in check. Grrrrr!

12. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    well like last time, if it is available at the end of this week I'll be sure to PM you. When you closed this unexpectedly I used my gig money for something else.

13. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Mike, I am pretty sure this one will be here at the end of the week. As you and I know, these are a very underrated basses, mostly due to the Hair Metal stigma. Few realize that C/J basses were played by Randy Jackson, Rex Brown, David Ellefson and others besides those L.A. hacks that were products of the cookie mill mentality of the music industry. Just my two cents, IMHO, YMMV, FWIW etc......:bag:

14. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    No Charvel love out there? Loneliness bump.

15. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    someone in the "wanted" section was looking for a 3b Mike

16. Scootbass1

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Closing thread. Bass went in a local trade deal. Got my '84 Steinberger XL-2 back. Peace to all who have shown interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.