1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1986 Pedulla MVP Fretless $1900 plus shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gtrbasser, Jan 7, 2017.

1. gtrbasser

gtrbasser Play that again.... The right way. Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I bought this 2 years ago and it has never let me down. I recently bought a boutique fretless and this is not necessary for me to keep. I believe it is, as it was sold to me, a 1986 Pedulla Buzz bass. With bartolini pickups and 9v preamp. All stock and never messed with.
    It is a Amber finished 4 string lined fretless. Gold hardware, brass nut, nice older style truss rod adjustment (Gibson style.... Does not require proprietary truss rod tool), jazz bass dimensions and feel to neck. It does show signs of being used for the last 30 years. Chips, dings, and normal wear/tear. But over all, very good shape.
    From what I understand, all the fretboards were cut for frets and some were filled with white plastic and some got frets depending on the order. If you don't like the lines, you can have Mike Pedulla replace the lines and refinish the board. It is a service he offers on his website.
    If you are interested let me know as it is listed in other places. I would rather see one of my bass buddies here get it.
    I got it with a soft case so that's what the price includes.
    If you want a hard case, I do have one that would fit but would have to charge $100 for it.
    Looking for $1900 + shipping to you.
    PRICE DROP!!
    $1700 plus shipping

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    saltydude and naetog like this.
  2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    If it was built as a fretless it will be stamped Buzz on the back of the headstock. If it was originally fretted it will be stamped MVP.

3. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks Chuck. It is stamped as a Buzz bass so it was always fretless!

4. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    I have an MVP 5 of the same era which I neutered long ago. I've also got and had other pentabuzzards of a more recent vintage. I did a few recordings side by side and prefer the older one. They all sound great but something about the old one I like a touch more. My finish hasn't held up as well as yours though. GLWTS.

5. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Nice! I have an 87 Buzz I can't get enough of. Beautiful instrument you've got there. GLWTS

6. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have owned two Buzz 4's, two Pentabuzz and a Hexabuzz. Should have kept the Hexabuzz as it was my favorite of the bunch. I presently own my second Buzz 4 and it is my second favorite. Both the Hexabuzz and the Buzz I own now have soapbar pickups. I much prefer them to the typical P/J pickups that Michael favors.

My first Buzz had the same electronics as the bass for sale in this thread. It is a little different but the passive/active switch is cool to have in case a battery goes dead.

7. gtrbasser

Apr 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Price drop!
    $1700 plus shipping.
    Not gonna last!
    Jump on it.
    Bob

8. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Really nice bass, one more string would make it perfect !
    :>)

GLWTS !

9. DougalPye

DougalPye

Sep 28, 2018
    Pgh, PA
    Sweet instrument. Is it still for sale?