Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1987 Anniversary Ampeg SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassic, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Does anybody know anything about the anniversary
    head and cab Ampeg SVT? It was released in 1987 by SLM.
    Thanks

2. You must mean the "Skunkworks" Ampeg SVT-HD(Head).
    There were 500 made with a brass plaque on each amp. There is more info on them in: Ampeg-The Story Behind the Sound Book.

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    I also think you must be talking about the original run of 500 SVT-HD units. They were not "anniversary" units, but they did have a serial number plaque on them.

The only "anniversary" units that I know of in the SVT line were the SVTAV units. They are actually an SVT-CL, which is a more recent unit.

The original run of 500 heads are a close reproduction of the SVT from the Magnavox/MTI era. The subject has been *rather well* covered including differences, in a couple older threads on old vs new SVT units.

The original run of speaker cabinets were likewise a close reproduction of the original.

Do you suppose you have an SVT-AV or one of the original 500 SVT-HD units? The 1987 date would suggest one of the original run.

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    If you have found an HD, I suggest that you buy it.

5. What do you want to know? Circuitry? Sound? Build quality? Mojo? Prices? Specs?

6. Like this:
    [​IMG]