1987 Seymour Duncan Bass 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flojob, Nov 6, 2011.

1. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I came into this by trade, just curious for info. Reliable? For a backup anyway?

2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Sorry I can't really be any help, but I know Greg Chaisson for the group Badlands played them on there first two albums. I think you can find him on MySpace.

It's been awhile since I talked to him on there, but I remember him saying that not many of them were made. You could actually might have one his old amps.

3. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    I still use mine off & on-Bought new in 87- never had a problem-Loud & clean-puts out 600w @ 2ohms

4. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I remeber these from back on the day. I lived not far, and visited the SD shop. They made a bunch, but not for very long. I thought they sounded pretty good, and never heard of any locals have issues. I even remember when they did a 'garage sale' selling off the reference amps they had bought (mesa, ampeg, trace, gk) for r&d.

5. Zentner

Zentner Supporting Member

I've played through these before - good sounding EQ, LOUD, and built like a tank. I'd totally do one as a backup!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021