SOLD 1987 Warwick JD Thumb bass with Bartolini

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TALL&STOUT, Nov 4, 2017.

1. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fellow TBers, I have decided to part with one of my 1987 Warwick JD Thumb basses. It is an absolutely amazing instrument and is from the golden era of the German Warwick bass shop. 7 piece neck thru wenge, original adjust a nut brass nut, traditional high mass bridge, bell brass frets, Bartolini J pickups and active electronics and that funky, honky Thumb tone.
    For being 30 years old, it is in incredible shape and the same custom shop basses coming out of Warwick now start at over $4k and are more machine made.
    The easy to play 26 fret wenge neck is my favorite feature of these basses and it about plays itself. I have smaller hands for a bass player, and nothing feels better or more organic than these necks. I can throw in the Warwick Roadcase for another $100 if you like (required for shipping) or you can get a good gig bag with it for free.

$2100 cash, you pickup or $2300 shipped CONUS (with roadcase included)

Trade wise, I am really only interested in a Dingwall Dbird, Super J or something along those lines. 4 string and wenge neck. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    A beauty!

TALL&STOUT likes this.
  3. Oh Lordy. drool

TALL&STOUT likes this.
  4. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    Killer

5. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    I’d keep it safe while you’re gone?

6. cubanz

cubanz

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I can't believe this is still here at this price! GLWTS

TALL&STOUT likes this.
  7. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I had an '87 5 string Thumb for 15 years, i have yet to play another Warwick that comes close to that era of instruments, these are amazing works of art.

joebar and TALL&STOUT like this.
  8. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    I put her up on Reverb as well for a bit more $ and she is getting a ton of action. Hopefully a TB member will buy it first.

AB Nate likes this.
  9. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    I've had several quesitons about the Bartolini 9v electronics, fret wear and the nut width, so here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

10. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Still for sale?

11. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Yes it is

12. Mistahbenn

Mistahbenn Supporting Member

May 15, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Gorgeous.

TALL&STOUT likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021