Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1988 Kubicki Ex Factor FS or possible trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Steve Clark, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I am selling my 1988 Kubicki Ex Factor. Pictures are available at the the link at the end of the this posting.

I bought the bass in 88 or 89 when I was at the Humber College jazz program in Toronto. I graduated in 89 and stopped playing in 1991 when I got caught up in my day job.

I played the bass from time to time but generally it would have to be described as a a low mileage Kubicki for sure. There is one mark where the neck meets the body. You can see it in the picture. Its caused by the slapping and has removed the finish from that part of the neck. There is a faint thumb mark on the bridge pup since that is where I usually play it. There are some string marks on the pups. Combination of action being super low and pups too high I guess. I can't say the bass is mint but it is in darned good shape.

$1000 with original hardshell case, photocopy of manual and shiny glossy Kubicki brochure. Buyer would pay shipping unless I can deliver it close by. Although my brother in law lives in Manhattan so that would make for a good excuse to deliver to someone in NY NY.

As far as trades go I need a Bergantino HT 210, a 6 string of some description fretted or fretless.

http://photos.yahoo.com/steveclark@rogers.com

2. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    link doesn't open.

3. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Thanks natebass

I think the link will work now. Pls let me know if it doesn't.

4. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Well, the link works but all I saw are kid's baseball shots. Did they win?

5. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Argh!! Thanks ric426.

pls try again. The baseball team won that game . . . but that was it. I had a ball watching my ten year old play.

6. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
  7. breakerbass28

breakerbass28

Sep 12, 2004
    New York
    Hi Steve,

New to the forum - do you still have that Kubicki for sale? Perhaps you can contact me with a PM. I am in NY (upstate fron NYC, but do-able).

Thanks,

Jim

8. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    PM sent. Hope you've still got it. :meh: If so, then wonderful! :)

9. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Hi FUNK,

The bass is sold. THanks for asking. Breakerbass above your post bought the bass.

10. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    Shucks (haven't heard that one in a while :) ). Oh well. Thanks anyway. If you hear of anyone selling one, give me a holler.