1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1989 Modulus TBX 5 RARE neckthrough

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lalo_garcia-maynez, Feb 9, 2016.

1. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Price:
    2800 shipd
    Strings:
    image. image. image. image. image. image. Ok... This really hurts!
    I'm selling one of my most beloved Diamonds; an ultra rare modulus graphite tbx5;
    This one has coco bolo top and alder back ; gloss finish , gold hardware , 35 inch scale and EMG pickups (p40 for the neck , J type for the bright , so it's basically a pj type configuration ). It includes original modulus case... Not only everything works , but everything excels !! It's a fantastic bass ! Very few were made ; this one belonged to Robert Plant's bass player in the late 80's early 90's but he sold it when he got a Warwick endorsement (nobody knew back then how scarce and desirable they would become). This one really kicks booty; It's punchy and very defined ; in very good condition for a 26 year old; a few Scratches but nothihg serious; this is pure mojo! Even more rare with the small maple section covering the neck on the front of the bass .
    Price includes shipping within the continental USA ; I will ship internationally if you pay the cost.
    Mr. Geoff Gould told me once very few tbx basses were made (around 250 , and only 4 in 1989); he also said Modulus lost money on these basses because of the enormous amount of labor time and high cost it took them to build them; that's why they were discontinued in 1996 and came back around 2009 costing $8000!
    Good luck finding another one...especially from 1989!
    Questions ? You can text me at 2O2-445-3441; I can play thru FaceTime or Skype if you wish... I will try to upload a video later in the week .
    Thanks !
    Lalo Garcia

2. engedi1

engedi1

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    Wow. Bump for a stunner!

lalo_garcia-maynez likes this.
  3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Can you provide measurements for neck width at the nut and 24th fret? Also, string spacing at the bridge? Thanks.

4. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    image. Here's that info from a text conversation

Bob_Ross likes this.
  5. lalo_garcia-maynez

Jun 20, 2014
    The MAIN part of the resonance of these basses I believe is that the Neck is HOLLOW; that just resonates better and different with hugebut defined lows;especially since the neck runs all along thru the body; just a unique sound different to all other graphite necked instruments I have played (Status, Zon, steinberger, bolt-on Modulus models, Moses). I have had several TBX in my life, they are very very different!