1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1989 Peavey Fury Project / Parts Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by cm3ohana, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm3ohana

cm3ohana Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2005
    I purchased this bass without reading the fine print and so now I'm offering it as a parts bass or a project bass. I've tried to capture what I could with the pics and will describe the bass as best as I can. Although it's a PJ configuration like a Peavey Forum bass, I confirmed with Peavey that this started life as a Peavey Fury. Someone along the way added the jazz bridge pickup (and did quite a good job as far as I can tell). No electronics included in the bass. The neck pickup is a Peavey Fury pickup. I don't know what the bridge pickup is. The pickguard is for a Peavey Forum so it doesn't fit correctly but looks new. It has a standard Fury bridge. It's a 1989 bass body and it shows it's wear with scratches and nicks all over the body with the most obvious things to point out are the loss of paint near the input jack and then someone etching an identification # on the back. Moving on to the neck, someone took the time to defret the neck and it's got it's share of nicks along the back of the neck and a considerable amount of wear on the fretboard. At the headstock, there are three stock tuners and a Schaller has replaced the fourth tuner. I've tried to describe the bass as best as I can to augment what the pics may or may not say to you. So, here's what I'm offering:

[DEL]$100 shipped CONUS for the entire bass (as seen in the first pic), or [/DEL]parts as follows:

Tuners $30 shipped SOLD
    Pickups $25 shipped
    Bridge $10 shipped SOLD
    Pickguard $10 shipped SOLD
    Neckplate and Screws $10 shipped
    Unloaded Body $40 shipped NO LONGER FOR SALE
    Unloaded Neck $25 shipped SOLD

Or any combination of the above that you need.

PeaveyFury1_zps3ec0da55.
    PeaveyFury2_zpsc0db43a6.
    PeaveyFury4_zpsc84dd3da.
    PeaveyFury5_zpsf54efb4e.
    PeaveyFury7_zps7de48d65.
    PeaveyFury8_zps1611cb2b.
    PeaveyFury3_zps870ee8c9.
    PeaveyFury6_zps28a764d5.

2. Grebnaws

Grebnaws

Aug 25, 2010
    Champaign IL
    Hey cm3ohana, I know we tried this awhile ago, but if the unloaded neck and the bridge are still available I'll take them off your hands.

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I love the driver's license number carved into the back.

4. Sollie7

Sollie7

Mar 13, 2011
    Woodstock, Ga
    Pmed

5. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    Unloaded neck and pickguard are sold. So, now this is only a parts sale. Pickups and bridge may be pending sale.....

6. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    Grebnaws, sorry, the neck was already sold but the bridge is yours and will be on its way.

7. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    I'll take the tuners. PM incoming

8. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Can't figure how to PM on my IPhone. Please PM payment info or I'll PM when I get home.

Thanks!

9. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    Scott....sent you PM....

10. cm3ohana

Aug 1, 2005
    Tuners and bridge are now sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.