1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1989 Pedulla Buzz Bass w/OHSC $2200

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by LexD, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LexD

LexD

Aug 17, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: D'Ambrosio Guitars
    Price:
    $2200
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    A very special 1989 Pedulla 4 string fretless bass in Vintage Cherry burst with original hard shell case. Original truss key, adjustment instructions and polyester fret board polish included.

This one was made with double-acting truss rod and two steel stiffening bars in the neck reinforce and maintain stability. Bartolini pickups & active preamp, P+J style pickup configuration. Gold Schaller tuners and bridge. Round wound nickel Pedulla brand strings. Serial number available upon request.

One of a kind! Recently refinished by Michael, at a cost of almost $1000 due to poly wearing thin on the fret board. Plays unbelievable! Better than new at less than half the cost.

I've played it for maybe 1hr total since the refin. Mint condition. Not a single flaw, scratch, ding, or dent. I just don't play enough to keep locked away.

Weight ~8.5lbs
    New Low low price = $2900.00 $2200.00

00T0T_bU7GgbijoJM_600x450.jpg
    Edit: more pics of this beauty

20160921_200523.jpg

20160921_200540.jpg

20160921_200820.jpg

20160921_200838.jpg

20160921_200922.jpg

20161002_094016.jpg

20161002_093939.jpg

20160921_201007.jpg

20160921_201032.jpg

20160921_201044.jpg

00i0i_gVJ4O8jOp1p_600x450.jpg

pdualla_case.jpg

pdualla_incase.jpg

pedulla_acc.jpg

Wanted to provide a little more information on the reason for the refinish. Also, to give an idea of how unique these basses sound.

Here are some shots I took before. I bought the bass knowing I would refinish the neck.

fret board: minimal wear for a 20yo bass.
    string_wear.jpg

top: this 'finish burn' was pointed out to me by a luthier who promised it could be removed. And ultimately, the reason I chose to have the bass completely refinished.
    finish_burn.jpg

I sent it back to Michael and Christine for "the works". The refinish was impeccably done and exceeded my expectations.

Finally, for anyone who isn't familiar with the sound of these basses, I invite you to check out the following video.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Awesome.

3. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2006
    That body shape doesn't do much for me, but man, that FINISH is astounding...I don't think I have ever heard anything bad about Pedullas...good luck! :cool:

Phillip B likes this.
  4. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz "My arms are too short to box w/ God." J.R. Cash Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    My favorite Pedulla finish. Lovely.

5. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Nice bass, nice playing.

Matt R likes this.
  6. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    Double truss rods? That's odd...

7. LexD

LexD

Aug 17, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    that was supposed to be, "double-acting truss rod and two steel stiffening bars in the neck reinforce and maintain stability".
    thanks for pointing that out.

8. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    That makes more sense. I bet that neck is SUPER stable. And that's one of my favorite finishes from Pedulla. It's a great deal. A little out of my budget, but I may find a way to justify it. :)

9. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    this is a steal for a complete refinish.
    I had a buzz that I sent for a refinish as well and it turned out absolutely gorgeous.
    bad timing or this would be mine.

10. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    WHOA! This used to be my old bass....I barely recognized it until I saw the fretboard wear....WOW, it's amazing now.

This was a wonderful bass, sold when I was dead broke and needed money for rent. Whoever gets this will be VERY happy.

11. Asimov

Asimov

Dec 5, 2014
    Maryland
    Definitely a great price for a newly refinished Pedulla Buzz. Does it come with any kind of receipt or certificate from Pedulla for the refinish work? Just in case the next guy decides to sell it and needs proof?

12. LexD

LexD

Aug 17, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't think it would be any problem for the next potential owner to contact Christine for the "Service order paperwork" or other proof/ validation that it was this buzz bass(#2425) that was delivered (by hand) for a VCSB refinish on Wednesday, February 26th at 12:00PM, 2014.

13. Asimov

Asimov

Dec 5, 2014
    Maryland
    Wow, you've had it for two years since the refin and only played it about an hour?

Someone needs buy this thing! I might if it's still here later on!

14. LexD

LexD

Aug 17, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Yessir. Not kidding. 5-10 minutes (a song or two), once every few months.

In addition to the family custom you see in my avatar, my other one is a pbass with flats... this one just doesn't get picked up nearly as often as it should.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  15. vgbassman

vgbassman

Jan 16, 2016
    NJ
    :hyper:I want it drool

Matt R likes this.
  16. lay a groove

lay a groove Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Medina, Ohio
    what shape are the electronics in?

17. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I keep coming back to look at this bass....

18. LexD

LexD

Aug 17, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I've updated the initial post with pics of electronics. Let me know if there is something specific you were interested in.

19. Beautiful!!!

20. LexD

LexD

Aug 17, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Sold. Thanks to everyone for their interest.