1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1990 Warwick Streamer Stage One - EUROPE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Toasted, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    For sale is my beautiful Streamer Stage One 5 string. This is an excellent bass in great condition from when Warwicks were still hand made basses. Anyone who knows anything about Warwick basses will know that this means its a superb bass. It has factory fit Bartolini pickups and preamp, and its in its original state. It had a fretstone and shape and a general "looking after" by Martin at the Gallery in early 2005. It comes with a semi-hard gigbag, or I can organise a Hard-shell case should I have to post the bass.

Everyone who played this bass at Manchester Bass Collective on April 1st loved this bass, the range of sounds is awesome and the playability is simply fantastic. The action is super super low, with no fretbuzz even on the low B.

The only reason I am selling this bass is that for my 21st birthday I am buying myself a new (super secret) 5 string bass. I also need the money from this sale to fund a new rig as I'm fedup of useless practice-room amps! See the pictures below (c/o Ari) for examples of just how good the build quality on this bass is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm looking for a flat £1000 Send me a PM or an Email, or get me on MSN. I will ship most places :)

This bass is an example in excellent condition from Warwicks heyday.

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Wow that's KILLER!!!

The setup on that looks AWESOME

3. OMG must sell... car, kidney, liver... oh wait, I need that! This is the standard that all Warwick's of new and old should go by, you can defiantly say they surely do not make them like they used too PERIOD! I love the bart's and gold hardware with the maple... killer, I bet it sounds and plays just as good as it looks too.

A late buddy of mine had a 90' 4 string NT thumb with stock emg pickups in it, that bass played like butter and the sound was sweet to boot. His wife even went as far to get it engraved in his headstone he loved it so much. It did not get buried with him :smug:... maybe one of these days his wife will let off some of his gear and I could get one of his prized early 90's warwicks. His wife has his candy blue color 4 string stage I from a namm show that is utterly amazing, it has almost a cream binding look Namm show logo on the back of it... p-j pickups of course with a d-tuner, it is HAWT! If I could get one of the set I would pass on the thumb/dophin pro I 5/Steamer 5 fretless with LED's, and get the candy blue Namm stage I... he had 4 :D collect them all! j/k

Bump for a sweet bass man and good luck on the sale.

Peace,

4. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Didn't this bass have an MEC preamp?

5. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

That Bass is SICK!:ninja:

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've played this bass and it's got bart pre and bart pickups, sounds simply amazing compared to the current Warwicks.

Man I need to have a child so I can sell it so I can buy this bass.

7. Hi,

do you know the weight of your bass , and the string spacing , also
    any dings etc ?

Thanks
    Adrian

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    9lbs (10kg in HSC), 20mm @ bridge, there are some dings but not ones that I can get photographs from.

9. CeeJ

CeeJ

Jul 8, 2004
    EL A
    It looks like it was bought brand new, then stashed in it's case then forgotten about. All I can say is WOW!! Wish I had deeper pockets.

10. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
  11. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    Incredibly beautiful. I wish I had that kind of cash availabe. :bassist:

12. Dang. This is the one I was lusting after when I traded my Elrick :ninja:

13. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA

Just sand 'em out! heh

Oh my, I want another streamer stage 1. Will have to pass on the euro price though :(

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Bump for price reduction.

15. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Id be all over it if it was a 4 stringer. Good luck with your sale

16. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Too bad you're not in the states, it would be REALLY hard for me to pass this up...

17. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi, do you have any soundclip ?

Tx, Paolo

18. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it's sold