1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1991 Fender Jazz Bass - 1962 RI Made in Japan Candy Apple CAR

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jsr914, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Price:
    550 ship'd
    Strings:
    Made in Japan Fender Goodness

- 1962 Jazz Reissue in Candy Apple Red
    - Vintage 1991 from the Fuji-Gen plant
    - 9 lbs exactly on my postage scale
    - all original except upgraded with a threaded saddle bridge, AVRI Fender Pure Vintage pickups and USA pots, orange cap and switchcraft jack
    - I have the original pickups and bridge and will include on request

Condition:
    - neck is excellent. Mild fret wear, truss works, great fret work, beautiful rosewood board with rolled edges. Japan quality
    - body shows decades of play wear. Good condition with some cracking of finish below controls, scratches on back and a few pressure dings and scratches on front. See photos. CAR finish still looks great

The LaBellas in the photos have been replaced with DR flats. Action is medium low. Plays and sounds great.

Asking DROP TO $550 [not $595] shipped CONUS. NO CASE is included. Will be packaged well and fully insured.

Straight sale strongly preferred. Local cash deal in Southern CA saves $$. Possible trades up or down for other 4 string passive basses, but cash is king. Also looking for a tonehammer 500. Please send me a PM with any trade offers.
    image.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    R&B likes this.
  2. image. image.

3. image. image. image.

4. Here are the pics of the play wear to the body. The worst of it is to the side below the control panel/knobs. image. image. image.

5. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    is. that. poly?

6. Yes. And I would guess it is a basswood body, but it could be alder.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  7. Bump. Keep the trade offers coming.

8. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Supporting Member Commercial User

PM'd and Thanks for working with me!!!

9. This one is SOLD pending funds. Thanks!

10. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Supporting Member Commercial User

:hyper: Thanks Jason, got the Bass, it's wonderful, better than described!! I appreciate you working with me on payments as well :hyper:

Positive feedback left for you:bassist: