1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1991 FENDER JP-90 P / J BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mookie stinks, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mookie stinks

mookie stinks Banned

Feb 15, 2008
    local guy selling this.... anyone have experience with this model? says 'made in usa'

2em27fm.
    f3wg2g.

2. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    it was made in the usa. Poplar body, maple neck, RW f/b. It wasn't really a bad bass per se, but it sold at the same price as a mim p and mim j, so most people went for what they knew, rather than the mystique of the mia they didn't know.

How much is he asking, fwiw? I'm just curious because I remember how much they sold for new...

3. rockrocket

rockrocket

Mar 19, 2013
    Georgia
    what was the new cost of the jp90

4. rockrocket

rockrocket

Mar 19, 2013
    Georgia
    what was the new cost of the jp90

5. Made between 1990 and 1993. Allegedly, MSRP started at $499 in 1990 and rose to $529 in 1993. Only made in 3 colors as I recall, those being red, black, & white. Mine is "Torino Red". Very likely the least expensive MIA Fender you can find on the used market. They have Jazz bodies and Jazz necks, BTW. I paid $400 for mine.