1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1991 Golden Era Warwick Thumb - RARE! $2500 SALE ONLY!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WalWarrior, Jul 13, 2014.

1. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Price:
    $2500.00
    Strings:
    DSC_0145.JPG DSC_0148.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0145.JPG
    FOR SALE ONLY - $2500.00. If you know Warwick basses, you know what this is. A handmade truly rare bass from Warwick. A beautiful 1991 Warwick Thumb NT4 German made. This vintage is known as the "Golden Age". This vintage neck through Warwick is in excellent condition. The body and neck are made of bubinga and wenge. The neck is the much sought after handmade 7 Piece Wenge. It has an active 2 band MEC preamp with volume, blend, and stacked, bass and treble controls. It is currently setup low action and intonated. it plays effortlessly with sustain and growl for days! This bass really is incredible and I thought I would never sell it but the time has come. This is a piece of Warwick history. Don't miss out on this beauty! I am the original owner and I make sure I keep all my instruments in excellent condition. This bass plays and sounds fantastic. These late 80's early nineties basses are rare. The construction is impeccable. For sale only, thinning the herd. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  2. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2014
    orange county New York
    i owned #83 of 300 years ago.. great bass..

WalWarrior likes this.
  3. cromag31

Feb 25, 2014
    orange county New York
    what number is this one?

4. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs

5. cromag31

Feb 25, 2014
    orange county New York
    nice

6. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    I owned an 88 thumb before and I am pretty sure this is a 91; the number below the main numbers is the year.

7. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    I was told the last 2 numbers on the top row were the year, and the bottom number was the place its spot in the production run. I'll shoot Warwick an email for clarification. Thanks for your post.

8. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    JoeBar is correct, My Thumb is an 87'.

That is a very fine instrument, a perfect example of "They dont make em like they used to". These Basses are handmade with amazing craftsmanship, some one is going to be very lucky to have such a clean early example.

GLWS

IMG_3815_zps87a1d448.

9. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Wow thanks. I'll make the necessary adjustment to the Ad. You guys are the coolest!

10. cubanz

cubanz Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I've got an '88 #1477 - just pure beautiful sound. And as useless and unneeded as it is I just love that rib on the back of the headstock! :) I usually play 5 strings but I'll never give up my 4 string Thumb - they feel as good as they sound.

WalWarrior likes this.
  11. brlottermann

brlottermann

May 14, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Wow what a beaut! Bump!

WalWarrior likes this.
  12. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member

Thumb!! :)

Beautiful work of art! And yeah, great Thumb year.

There are 5 or 6 right handed Thumb NT 4's for sale in all the internet, possibly world, right now...as far as I can tell. These don't come up for sale often at all. Especially early 90's Thumb's.

If I didn't just purchase my latest Thumb, I'd be very interested.

Please take this as helpful advice. Not that you aren't experienced, but I know if I was looking for a Thumb right now, I'd really want to see some up close, detailed pics, of everything before I'd consider it. Front & back of the body, thumb rest area above pups, fretboard, headstock, neck etc.

Might help it find a new home :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    WalWarrior likes this.
  13. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Thanks Hoggles - I will add more pics. These basses are truly awesome. I am the original owner. I have a white golden era thumb up as well, a 1990 with LED's. This was a custom shop bass before the custom shop existed. Truly remarkable. If they don't sell, I won't be sorry. Take care - DM

Hoggles likes this.
  14. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member

Original owner! That's awesome! Got my first Thumb in '08. Fell in love right away. Yeah, keeping those wouldn't be a bad thing :)

15. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    This bass on hold pending final payment. This is truly a fantastic instrument getting ready for her new home.

ariwax likes this.
  16. WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    And this fine bass is off to her new home. Congrats Ari!