1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1991 Jackson Futura, Neck Through, Gun Metal Gray

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rogueleader, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Rogueleader

Rogueleader Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Up for sale is my 1991 Gun Metal Gray Jackson Futura. Most of you are probably unfamiliar with this bass, so here is the page in the 1992 catalog listing the specs.http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?...el/1992_Jackson_Charvel_cat1/JC1992Page16.jpg These are really great fairly uncommon basses.

P1140102.
    P1140106.
    P1140104.
    P1140107.
    P1140108.
    P1140094.
    P1140100.
    P1140101.
    P1140090.
    P1140091.
    P1140092.
    P1140093.
    P1140097.
    P1140098.
    P1140099.

Album Link: http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/ss253/Goldleader/1991 Gun Metal Gray Futura XL/

Condition: There are dings here and there. I've done my best to photograph them. Some scratching on the back and front, including one rather long scratch on the back (not deep at all though, just in the finish). Frets are still good, there is a little buzzing, but nothing the pickups can detect. Pickups/electronics all work perfectly. A little corrosion on some of the hardware, notably the pickup adjustment screws. Everything except for one cavity cover screw is original.

It comes with a case as well. The case is beat to ****, or as I prefer to think of it “reliced”. The most charming aspect is the rusty screw that the past owner used to fix a busted hinge. It will be more than enough to protect it during shipping though, and it still works beautifully.
    Pricewise I am looking to get exactly what I spent on it, $350 shipped. I will ship well packed and fully insured, and I would love to make a deal tonight!

References: I have numerous references selling guitars on HC,Sevenstring,The Jackson Forum,Talkbass,and Metalguitarist, you can check my itrader feedback on the last three here:

Sevenstring iTrader: Sevenstring.org - iTrader - Rogueleader

Metalguitarist iTrader: Metalguitarist.org - iTrader - Rogueleader

Talkbass iTrader: TalkBass Forums - Feedback – Rogueleader

If you have any questions or would like some specific pictures taken PM me here or email me at garrettbockman@gmail.com

Unfortunately it is really overcast here today, and the same sort of weather is slated till sunday. So hopefully these pictures will do.

Edit: Upon rechecking the catalog it would seem Jackson calls this finish "Metallic Black", I would argue its more of a dark Gun Metal Grey, but I will take some pictures in better light tomorrow.

The history on these models is a little convuluted between 91-92. There technically wasn't a "futura" in the 90-91 catalog, it was called the "kip winger model", the futura xl and pro didn't make an appearance till the 92 catalog, but production must have started in 91, since several (including this one) that I have seen have 91 serial numbers.

Couple more things incase if you guys couldn't find it in the catalog
    -34" scale
    -Maple body/maple neck
    -Ebony Fingerboard
    -Stock Jackson Pickups (logo has worn off on these)

2. you have a pm

3. Rogueleader

Feb 14, 2009
    Daily Bump!

4. Rogueleader

Feb 14, 2009
    Replied!

BUMP!

5. is this still around?