1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available 1991 Warwick Streamer Stage I ~ Handmade in Germany

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbooty, Dec 7, 2017.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    $1799
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a rare 1991 Warwick Streamer Stage I bass. This gem was made in Germany back when Warwick basses were totally handmade (prior to the move to a bigger factory in 1995 when they started using more machines for manufacturing).

As can be seen in the pics, the bass is in very good condition, especially considering that it is 26 years old! Below are some details about the bass:

-Solid Flamed Maple body wings

-5 piece laminated neck-through neck with 3 larger strips of Maple and 2 thinner strips of Wenge wood

-Slimmer/lighter weight body than current Streamers and slim super comfy neck with no volute and a Wenge fingerboard

-Brass adjustable nut which has an adjustable set screw for each individual string

-Bridge is Solid Brass (in the mid nineties, Warwick started using bridges made of a metal alloy up until 2013 when new German Warwick basses once again started being made with solid brass bridges)

-Bass was custom ordered with black hardware (as opposed to the typical gold hardware on this model). All the hardware is in great condition as can be seen in the photos.

-Stock pickups and onboard preamp which are the active MEC Gold PJ pickups with an MEC BEC-II 2-band preamp. The four controls are master volume (with push/pull to bypass the preamp), pickup blend and separate bass and treble controls

-Weight: 9.0 lbs. > it feels even lighter because it balances extremely well with no neck dive whatsoever

-Bass will ship safely in a used but fully functional SKB hard shell case

This bass has a very sweet sounding dry/woody tone with warm lows, crisp yet sweet highs and a well balanced midrange. The tone is as clear as a bell and has that piano string tone when slapped. The only reason I'm selling it is because I need the $ for another Warwick bass I’m looking at purchasing.

Due to its age and the natural beeswax finish, the bass had some minor dings and indentations in the wood. However, I just picked up the bass from my luthier’s shop after having him clean up the bass by lightly sanding it (which removed the majority of the indentations) and having him refinish the bass with the Warwick beeswax. After having this done, it looks like a whole new bass - clean and fresh!

This bass plays like butter! The frets have recently been leveled and polished and the action is medium/low with no buzz. I've owned 25+ Warwick basses spanning all the different eras and IMO the late eighties and very early nineties ones have the most slim, comfortable neck profile. Also the actual body is slimmer. You have to play it to understand what I’m talking about.

Unless you have a Warwick Streamer Stage II 4-string with a wenge neck, I am not interested in trades.

I'm pricing this to move at $1799 shipped to the lower 48 states with payment via PayPal. Please feel free to Start a Conversation (PM) me with any specific questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 1:19 AM
  2. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Very nice bass for a good price! Any pictures of the front and back of the headstock?

kulit17 and bassbooty like this.
  3. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Thanks! More pics as requested:

Attached Files:

The Nameless likes this.
  4. Ooooh... A beauty! Love these old Warwicks. Wish I had something for ya, man. I wanna own em all!

bassbooty likes this.
  5. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Tampa, FL.
    I had a '91 once. Very comfy basses that play incredibly well.

bassbooty likes this.
  6. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Trade deal in the works...