SOLD 1992 Ken Smith CR5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Mar 31, 2017.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Okay so I now officially have way too many bass's which is why I am in the midst of a purge. Next up for sale is a 1992 Smith CR5. This bass is in very good shape for a 25 yr old instrument that has been played. There is buckle rash on the back. Nothing through to the wood but your typical scratches that most Smiths get when they are used once let alone for 25 yrs. So lots of scratches but again nothing major and doesn't show at all in certain light.
    That last photo attached gives an idea. The rest of the body is in very good shape. A scratch and minor dent here and there but not a lot of them. Neck is fast and comfortable like all Smith's. It has the 2 band eq of the era. I have had a few Smiths, all with 3 bands and I didn't miss the mid control on this one at all. The build of this is incredible. It's a 5 layer body which is beautiful. Walnut on the outside, I think it's walnut on this inner core as well with a maple tone block and it has an extra laminate layer of maple (I think) between the two layers of walnut. I am sure someone on this forum will know for sure what the woods are but it looks sweet whatever it is. It has a FM serial number so I am assuming there is flame maple in there somewhere.

Weighs in around 9.7 pounds according to my very old bathroom scale.
    Neck is in very good shape and frets have lots of life.
    Comes with the OHSC and a old school Smith sheepwool strap.

Selling for $2000.00 shipped in North America.

Not really looking for trades but if you have one run it by me, chances are I will say no as I am recouping but you never know.

Attached Files:

robinunit and mindwell like this.
  2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Sale Pending

3. Flipper

Flipper

Jan 11, 2005
    Spring, Texas
    Geez...47 minutes?

RussT and Alphaman like this.
  4. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    Why do all these great basses come up when I'm broke?

5. Flipper

Flipper

Jan 11, 2005
    Spring, Texas
    Probably a mahogany core. I had one very similar. I really love the feel of the earlier ones.

6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    I think you are correct. Thanks.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021