1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

1992 Kolstein Bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by prelims222, May 6, 2005.

1. prelims222

Sep 20, 2004
    Southeast US
    Hi Everyone,

Well, the time has come to sell my Kolstein - so I thought I'd put it up here and see if anyone was interested:

Here's the written description:

The bass is a 1992 Kolstein Orchestral bass that I've been usingfor the past 7 years, I purchased it in Spring of 1998 from the Kolstein shop. From what I understand, it was probably made in Germany and assembled/finished in the US. The bass is very healthy - the most significant repair work it has needed since purchase is rebracing one or two of the back braces and cleating up a few hairline cracks. This work was all done at Kolstein's within the past year.

The instrument is very playable and I've used it for a number of orchestra auditions as well as many solo recitals, which used the entire range of the instrument. The string length is 41.5"
    Other than the previously mentioned repair work, it has been in the shop only to get the fingerboard planed (Paul Strelau did this in the winter of 1998) or to get some setup/adjustment work every couple of years (once at Paul Strelau, once at Heinl's in Toronto, and twice at the Cinci. Bass Cellar).

Here is the general model:

Bass was recently appraised at 10K. To sell it soon, I'm willing to consider reasonable offers. It also includes a bobelock bag I ordered about 3 months ago.

I'll do my best to get some real pictures up soon.
  2. Would you be willing to trade a Fendt?