Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1992 Sadowsky 4-String USA Jazz For Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by craigers2, Nov 24, 2004.

1. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    [​IMG]

I really hate to sell this bass, but i need the money right now :crying:

This is a USA built Sadowsky 4-String Jazz Bass.

I bought this bass brand new back in 1992. The serial number is 1374.
    It has the AAA flame maple top over swamp ash body, tabacco burst finish, black hardware, sadowsky pickups, sadowsky active electronics, hipshot "D"-tuner, etc.

$2000.00 Firm.

here is the link to the pictures.

pictures

2. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    *bump* :)

3. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I love it, but a bit more than I have to spend right now :( Too bad you didn't need some Cirrii in trade :)

Someone buy this and give it a home.

How would you describe the way she sounds and plays? Jazz on steroids?

Troll

4. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    the bass sounds and plays great! i really wish i could hang onto her, but i just don't use a 4-string that much anymore, and i have bills to pay.

i bought my BN5 F-Bass a couple years ago and it has become my #1 bass.

5. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    bump

6. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    I am pretty interested in your bass. Can you give more specifics about it? ie Condition, fretware, and issues at all?
    Thanks

7. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    the bass is in great shape with no real major issues at all. it has been played the last 12 years, so if you look close, of course you'll find a few minor things. here's a quick list of some "problems" with the bass.

1. small scratch on headstock
    2. small knick on back of neck
    3. pickup has some wear - E-string hit pickup because of low action.
    4. there are some scratches and dulling from slapping and plucking.
    5. frets are overall in good shape but there is some wear on them. (i do not think you'll have to refret anytime soon).

i can take some closeup pictures of the bass if you were concerned about any of these things or if you have any other questions.

the hardshell case that comes with the bass is the one that Roger supplied when i bought the bass, but it is not one of those newer Sadowsky cases. this is a standard black hardshell case that does have some tears in the outside, but is still in great shape. i can take pictures of the case if anyone would like to see them.

thanks

craig