1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1992 Warwick Thumb NT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MrWarwick71, Aug 1, 2020.

1. MrWarwick71

MrWarwick71 Supporting Member

May 1, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    **** feeler ****
    Putting up my 1992 Thumb NT on trade to see whats out there. Mostly playing 5 string these days and would like to get my hands on a Stingray Special 5 string. But would consider others....
    Yup, golden years German Thumb !!
    In very good condition. Neck is straight and trus rod functions. Frets are great.
    No major dings, scrapes or scratches.
    You can see in the pictures, just honest play wear on the top. The usual dulling of the natural finnish. No thunb nail gouge commonly seen on these near the neck pickup.
    Used but not abused.... the only thing I feel I should call out is as follows:
    1 - input jack is a little loose. But I will send it in asap and have it changed.
    2 - On the back of the neck at the headstock. You can feel the middle stringer is a little raised from the laminate on either side.
    Its not noticable, as it is up past where you would have your hand while playing. I have had her checked by a professional twice. Once when I purchased it. And once when I brought it in for a full setup. Both times I was told ot was not a problem. The neck is structurally sound. And this was due to the two different woods shrinking at different rates and as assured the laments were not by any means coming apart.
    She plays and sounds incredible. There is no stress cracks, chips or repairs anywhere on the bass.
    Original other than the preamp....
    Bubinga Pommele Body
    7 piece Wenge Neck with Bubinga stringers
    Wenge fret board.
    Has a EMG BTC series preamp installed.
    Comes with Original Warwick gig bag. But can ship in a Warwick flight case for $100.

20200801_160731.jpg 20200801_160810.jpg 20200801_160906.jpg 20200801_160832.jpg 20200801_160753.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  2. sonicblue62

sonicblue62 Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Beautiful! What type trades do you have in mind?

3. MrWarwick71

MrWarwick71 Supporting Member

May 1, 2017
    Don't really have anything specific in mind. I know I dont want a Fender unless it's vintage.