For Sale 1993 Breedlove SWB Acoustic Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Keith7940236, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Keith7940236

Keith7940236

Mar 26, 2015
    Price:
    Strings:
    One of ten SWB Bases produced in 1993 by Larry Breedlove and Steve Henderson for the new Breedlove Guitar Company. One of these was displayed at the NAMM show that same year. These never went into production, the the original ten are all that were ever made. The tone woods for this instrument are Flamed Walnut and Red Spruce. The sound is very rich, full and defined.

When I acquired the instrument, the bridge truss was missing and the wood had been allowed to dehydrate in the central Oregon environment. I took it to Breedlove where the original truss was installed and the bass was slowly re hydrated. The top wood never cracked, but there are lines from the cracks of the original finish. The cracked finish was removed and a protective nitrocellulose finish was applied. The top was not filled or sanded down so the existing bumps dings are still there.

The scale is 32.5", the bridge is pinless, and the frets are in fantastic condition. The neck is straight and the original saddle has plenty available for any future adjustments. The guitar is set up for an internal pickup as the non working original under saddle model was removed.

I don't have a hard shell case for it, but it will be packed safely and insured.

Asking $1500.00 Shipped

IMG_0086_zpsqgmisz6b.jpg

IMG_0088_zpsroizp1qb.jpg

IMG_0089_zpsc0nkemvg.jpg

IMG_0090_zpsycdxtpmk.jpg

IMG_0091_zpsit1hzk59.jpg

IMG_0092_zpsmlxd64ck.jpg

IMG_0093_zps2vvcsk3b.jpg

IMG_0094_zpsnb0y1prg.jpg

IMG_0096_zpsjxnksd3i.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. How is it set up for an internal pickup ? Has the neck been reset ? Thx.

3. Keith7940236

Keith7940236

Mar 26, 2015
    It has a bolt on neck. When the top was refinished, the neck was removed and re shimmed to bring it back to standard tolerance. The fret board section of the neck is glued to the top.
    It is set up for a pickup or an internal mic. It has the end pin hole as well as a separate place for a strap button.

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Just to clarify, is there currently a pickup in it?

5. Keith7940236

Keith7940236

Mar 26, 2015
    No, it does not have a pickup installed.

6. LenMinNJ

LenMinNJ

Dec 22, 2010
    Any updates on this pretty bass?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021